Bundaberg Constructions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Andrew it looks sweet, you must be looking forward to the first run. A few hours put in by all but especially by Greg. I know personally I would still be brewing of my old table if it wasn't for Greg and Scott.

But the real question is after a few beers this Saturday do I get to ride the stand up and down the driveway? I won't crash it!

QldKev

:blink: Sorry mate, after I polish and buff it tomorrow, give the wheels a lube and change the fuses it will be put to bed (move over Lisa) so you'll have to settle for a ride on your trike :lol: .

Andrew

Man that looks the goods!

Gives the inspiration to build a new stand myself, I've been talking about it for 5 years.

Love to see it in action Andrew, wink, wink, hint, hint ;) ;)

Batz

Man that looks the goods!

Gives the inspiration to build a new stand myself, I've been talking about it for 5 years.

Love to see it in action Andrew, wink, wink, hint, hint ;) ;)

Batz

You and Julie don't need an invite mate. But we really need to noodle out a weekend, maybe after Xmas.
By the way, have a great night tomorrow night.

Cheers
Andrew

Just beautiful!
broken-heart-123.gif

TP

Well I must say Andrew, that is as neat as a pin, I was thinking this afternoon when I laid eyes on the finished product that you took a lot of care in finishing the rig and lining up the stainless scratch plate sections that some fool managed to get a little out of square. Also I like the look of the round burner. Very nice rig; puts a big smile on my face when I think about the fun we all had and the Bundy brewer hood magic. Well done :)

now we just have to get together to watch hops grow and drink deers

QldKev

Well I must say Andrew, that is as neat as a pin, I was thinking this afternoon when I laid eyes on the finished product that you took a lot of care in finishing the rig and lining up the stainless scratch plate sections that some fool managed to get a little out of square. Also I like the look of the round burner. Very nice rig; puts a big smile on my face when I think about the fun we all had and the Bundy brewer hood magic. Well done :)
They looked pretty straightish to me Greg, and I'm still smiling.
Go the Bundy Brewers :super:

now we just have to get together to watch hops grow and drink deers

QldKev

Drinking the beer is not a problem hey kev :party: ? but watching hops grow, even at Pumpys 9" a day is a bit much for me.

Andrew

Finally dragged my baby out of the shed and fired up for an Aussie Ale brew day.

brewstand_002__800x600_.JPGbrewstand_001__800x600_.JPG

It's pretty dazzling in the sun, but it's great to get out of the 38c shed and into the breeze.
When the new shed and carport goes up I'll have a nice shady area to brew.

Andrew

Nice one Andrew.... :beerbang: Something for me to work towards, looks so much easier than Gravity and Manually brewing....

:icon_cheers: CB

Looks good!, the idea of keeping all the hoses inside the frame is so much neater too. Now I just need to come over and test the brew to make sure it is up to scratch.

QldKev

Hey Andrew, pitty we didn't talk, I also put a brew on.

My first run on the dual rig with a double and a single batch. The double was a JSGA, and the single a bastardized Schneider Wiezen.

img1.jpg

QldKev

Pretty dazzling in the sun! I think it was blinding the pilots on final approach to Bundy airport. The good news is you can also fry eggs with it, from 2 blocks away.

Bundaberg Constructions has fired back up with the next project on the table. I've been talking about wanting to build a 3V system, so we had a start on the mash tun. I picked up an awesome 100L S/S pot from ebay, it had a sandwiched base so we had to open it up to allow the mounting depth for the heating element.

We cut the round hole for the internal RIMS heating element. Gregs with his eye for a good line, working hard cutting out the square section for the mounting box.
16042011396.jpg

OK box section cut out and holes drilled to mount the element.
16042011399.jpg

Diecast box mounted with heating element in place.
16042011404.jpg

Box with lid on
16042011409.jpg

View of element in place
16042011405.jpg

We checked out the Bundy Constructions made false bottom, which we made last week
16042011406.jpg

Thanks to Gregs for all the help so far; and thunus for the use of Bundy Constructions.

QldKev

It wont be long now Kev and you can kiss BIAB good bye.

Go the 3V HX. :beerbang:

wow, that is lookin pretty damn good to me!

Nice work guys, the most productive thing i've done all day is groan about how much my head hurts :)

Latest posts

Back