Bundaberg Constructions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually Scott It will be a dry brew day as the Cromwell Bitter that was brewed last weekend was the first beer I've brewed since the brew day Deb an d I put on all them weeks ago. But you and Kev bags are welcome as I would love to see the master brewers in action.

Second thought's I've band all bags from the shed, but you're welcome to use my gear. Cheers. Please dust your selves off before entering. :icon_cheers:
Hey just for something different kev and I are having a beer at the moment. :icon_cheers:
I will have a keg of aussie ale to bring around. What day are u thinking about?

Was thinking maybe Sunday, your thoughts?

Hey just for something different kev and I are having a beer at the moment. :icon_cheers:
I will have a keg of aussie ale to bring around. What day are u thinking about?

Even a keg of QldKev northern brewer :)

Us real AG brewers (BIAB) have beer spare :icon_drunk:

That fancy brew rig won't break down this weekend will it? :blink:

QldKev

Hey Gregs just a warning if your going to invite QLDKev over for a brew day you'll need more than 46lts of cromwell!

Even a keg of QldKev northern brewer :)

Us real AG brewers (BIAB) have beer spare :icon_drunk:

That fancy brew rig won't break down this weekend will it? :blink:

QldKev

Not according to your partner in crime kev, see above :p

Hey Greg,

Hear you already have a stuck sparge this morning, don't worry when I come over I will bring a bag.

QldKev

Well that was a big day for my second AG between Thunus and myself we knocked out 92 litres, one double pils and a double Golden Ale. Me old BIAB mate QldKev knocked out two on his double rig, one Hef and a Cromwell Bitter. As I said it was a big day but boy did we have some fun! Wow thats around 138 litres of great beer in one day. Thanks Andrew and Lisa for popping in to see how things were going. I must say the brew rig is all class, what do you say Kev?
Brew_Gear_039.jpg

Can you believe theses guys, here we have a 3V HERMS system and Scotts trying to work out where the bag gos for Christ sake. :lol:
Brew_Gear_042.jpg

And the best part of the day, heres Kev all tangled up with Scott having to come to the rescue. Bloody bag belongs over his head.
Brew_Gear_043.jpg

Hey Greg's thanks for a great day and some good beer.

Playing with my BIAB rig just won't be the same after you've let me fiddle
with your PID controlled HERMS :)

Hey Greg,

Hear you already have a stuck sparge this morning, don't worry when I come over I will bring a bag.

QldKev
kev, I'm pretty sure Gregs won't let your grubby bag within kooee if his mash tun. :lol:
Really sorry about the overly fine crush on the grains Greg, I was really hoping for a smooth day for you today, but at least that is the only draw back with the system and getting the crush right is pretty easy as a rule.
Unless I do the crushing :eek:

Andrew

Yep theres no way Kev will get near this rig with that discussing looking bag although hes welcome to come and have a drive any time he likes.

And dont worry about the crush Andrew if anything it set us a challenge and I now know the limits of my mash tun. The main thing is we learnt something and had some fun. We all appreciate the help, just think about it; Ive built a rig with 15 years of AG experience without knowing a thing about it, whacked through 3 doubles approximately 138 litres without having any grain, hops or yeast of my own. I cant thank you enough; the Bundy brewer hood is a magic thing. Cheers. :)

My brew bag is like a pizza oven, the flavours mature with lots of use B)

I have to admitt is is one sweet brew rig you've got there Greg.

QldKev

My brew bag is like a pizza oven, the flavours mature with lots of use B)

I have to admitt is is one sweet brew rig you've got there Greg.

QldKev

Good idea Kev Ill get that pizza oven finished and well throw it in there. :lol:

So that means I can still use the bag for another year or two :p

QldKev

Kev you only have a BIAB rig remember, the bag wont last that long and I think the extra dirt in it is the dust I left you in, sorry. :D

At last I am nearing the end of the stand construction, there is no way I could have done this without most of it being done By Gregs and Qldkev :p your legends, and a special thanks goes to Thunus.

Just have the vessels to polish and re shroud in insulation and then it's all systems go.
To be honest I'm not too keen on firing this baby up, what happens if I spill water on it or worse... scratch it :eek: . maybe i should just put it away and not brew any more!

Thanks guys.

brewstand_003__800x600_.JPGbrewstand_001__800x600_.JPG
brewstand_004__800x600_.JPGbrewstand_005__800x600_.JPG

At last I am nearing the end of the stand construction, there is no way I could have done this without most of it being done By Gregs and Qldkev :p your legends, and a special thanks goes to Thunus.

Just have the vessels to polish and re shroud in insulation and then it's all systems go.
To be honest I'm not too keen on firing this baby up, what happens if I spill water on it or worse... scratch it :eek: . maybe i should just put it away and not brew any more!

Thanks guys.

Hey Andrew it looks sweet, you must be looking forward to the first run. A few hours put in by all but especially by Greg. I know personally I would still be brewing of my old table if it wasnt for Greg and Scott.

But the real question is after a few beers this Saturday do I get to ride the stand up and down the driveway? I won't crash it!

QldKev

Back