Bulk Buy Sodium Percarbonate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Address sent if anyone didn't get one please pm.
Thanks Jameson

:beerbang: Top work . Hope you enjoy the EIPA . Might even give a kilo or 2 two the wife for cleaning, that should put a smile on her face <_<

Cheers

Thanks again for organising this! Picked my bag up earlier today. Top work mate!

Cheers!

Thanks to all that picked up this morning and thanks for the beers to :icon_drool2: . For those still to pick up ii am off out to pick up some potting mix for my new hop rhizomes :icon_cheers: ratchie. So after 4 cool for this afo or call me if b4 I might be about or not far.
Thanks Jameson

Thanks again for organising this.

I opened my bag yesterday and filled a 2kg Napisan container. Soaked an absolutely crusted fermenter, and it was clean after one hour! usually takes about a day to get the last bit of crud off with cold water and without scrubbing.
Love this stuff.

Currently soaking my brewery and it's bubbling so hard it looks like it's fermenting. Good stuff!

Edit: Now what to do with my 5kg of PBW from a previous bulk buy?

Not sure to be honest, but I'd guess they're pretty similar. Although with this stuff,because it's so cheap, I just use heaps, whereas with PBW I always have been a bit more stingy. PBW has these 'secret ingredients' in there, but without knowing what it is and what it does it's hard to justify the price.

One thing I absolutely love about PBW is that you really only need one rinse to get the stuff off. With Sod perc and nappisan the slimy film is more resistant. That's the reason I once bought 6kg of PBW, but I can't really justify using huge amounts of it for fermenters etc, so I just use it for cleaning filters and smaller bits and bops, and for the occasional 'spring clean' on my brewery.

Thanks again for organising this.

I opened my bag yesterday and filled a 2kg Napisan container. Soaked an absolutely crusted fermenter, and it was clean after one hour! usually takes about a day to get the last bit of crud off with cold water and without scrubbing.
Love this stuff.

Currently soaking my brewery and it's bubbling so hard it looks like it's fermenting. Good stuff!

Edit: Now what to do with my 5kg of PBW from a previous bulk buy?
Good stuff glad it doing its job. Think my plan is to do my whole brewery soon fridge and maybe the floor. And over christmas while swimbo is at work do the bathroom tiles between brew ing should be no effort;)

One thing I absolutely love about PBW is that you really only need one rinse to get the stuff off. With Sod perc and nappisan the slimy film is more resistant.

An acid rinse (such as starsan) does wonders for removing this film.

Good stuff glad it doing its job. Think my plan is to do my whole brewery soon fridge and maybe the floor. And over christmas while swimbo is at work do the bathroom tiles between brew ing should be no effort;)

Interesting. Never thought of using it as a tile cleaner. Just make it into a paste you reckon?

I always rinse whatever I've cleaned in the usual starsan mix. Acid neutralises base etc....

Cheers

If you are passing Clark rubber, pop in and get a blank grommet. They are airlock grommets but solid. As I use clingwrap I have a spare fermenter lid permanently fitted with one for the following purpose:

1/4 fill a fermenter with hot water, tip in half a cup of perc, swirl and turn the fermenter upside down. Half an hour later, all the fermentation ring etc will have softened/disappeared and you can just shake vigorously, rinse a couple of times and starsan and you have a pristine fermenter. Amazing.

TidalPete put me onto the solid grommets as he's always whingeing about water costs and rightly so. :icon_cheers:

Back