Bulk Buy - Little Brown Pumps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be very interested if you can supply the same quality food grade pumps.
There are a lot of Chinese rubbish pumps out there, I guess this is what you are expectantly supplying.
Get a sample first then sell, this is how I do business.
Who's going to cover your ass when it fails ????
Nev

complaint fittings,

Never had my fittings winge at me. The girlfriend maybe but not my fittings :)

Bonds will ;)

On a serious note, Nev you have a good point. If you want the retail experience, buy from a retailer. but at say $25-30 delivered then its a good deal. And spread over a lot of pumps that is serious saved $$ that go to brewers to brew more beer. I have no hesitation buying from a retailer but also like the idea of supporting bulk buys on this forum to keep people active. There is always more activity on AHB when a bulk buy or two is going on and that is positive over all. And remember, everyone loves the idea of a bargain and being involved.

Back to my beer (actually thats a lie, glass of wine in hand at the moment.

Pok

Never had my fittings winge at me. The girlfriend maybe but not my fittings :)

Bonds will ;)

On a serious note, Nev you have a good point. If you want the retail experience, buy from a retailer. but at say $25-30 delivered then its a good deal. And spread over a lot of pumps that is serious saved $$ that go to brewers to brew more beer. I have no hesitation buying from a retailer but also like the idea of supporting bulk buys on this forum to keep people active. There is always more activity on AHB when a bulk buy or two is going on and that is positive over all. And remember, everyone loves the idea of a bargain and being involved.

Back to my beer (actually thats a lie, glass of wine in hand at the moment.

Pok
It aint a bargain when they get smashed in the post or fail for some reason.
You guys are hard, give you a good price and back up and get a kick in the nuts !
Nev

There are a lot of Chinese rubbish pumps out there, I guess this is what you are expectantly supplying.
Nev

I wrote a post yesterday but didn't want to get involved in a shitfight.

Now that you've posted, I might as well add my bit.

I'm all for bulk buys. They are great.

Little brown pumps have been offered recently by Gryphon for around $32 plus postage (which is minimal considering how small they are). Why not get the full AHB order together and offer the bulk deal to GB if he can either match it or come close enough for it to be worthwhile (considering the extra benefits of buying locally from a known and hopefully trusted supplier)?

If he can't come close enough, then buy the chinese lot.

If you do that, I may get another one (already got one from GB for future use)

It aint a bargain when they get smashed in the post or fail for some reason.
You guys are hard, give you a good price and back up and get a kick in the nuts !
Nev

But your website has shown you as out of stock of these pumps for ages?? I have looked many times over the last few months since you did your introductory special ($32 from memory + postage). I have looked many times in hope of buying one or two, but not in stock. Also your 9" false bottoms have been out of stock for a LONG time from memory but still advertised on your website.

Hardly a kick in the nuts. AHB members procuring their own gear and passing on the savings at no cost to their own is hardly a kick in the nuts. Its just a community being a community. If you can't hack competition then you shouldn't jump in the pot.

As far as I am concerned and I am sure many other brewers agree, retailers are great and the retailers that support AHB are AWESOME (e.g yourself, Ross @ craftbrewer, Mark at MHB and many more that I can't think of or be bothered typing) however if someone wishes to arrange to arrange and purchase a bundle of gear from OS and distribute it for nix, then go for it. That is part of the fun of forums.

Fancy a t-shirt??? Cocko and I might be able to help you out....other wise target or K-mart might be your next best bet..

Pok

EDIT - black_labb and Manticle's post's pre-empt a little of the above.

I would be more than happy to buy from GB and have done so in the past. A bulk buy through a retailer seems like the best of both worlds. Has been done in the past, why not again. The retailer gets all stock in and out in a short time period and does not have to rely on "online sales" that may take months to clear stocks. food for thought guys.

And where is the after sales support ??
Buy from Gryphon Brewing and you get back up and complaint fittings,
Cheers
Nev

Nev

Hi Nev,

Since post: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&p=913742 There has been no indication from you if you were getting any additional stock in.

I've been linking from your sig to your site to check for those pumps for over a month now because I'm keen to get a pump, and your prices look reasonable.

Today I received a PM about a bulk buy going ahead in relation to these pumps. From what I see here is that there is going to be an order going ahead and there will be a result.

A message of *OUT OF STOCK* for over a month on your website with no change indicates to me that you aren't likely to either:
a) restock soon
B) restock at all

You get stock in, I'll pull my interest from here, and buy from you. For the sake of $10-15. You however, need to communicate more. I and others have posted in the retail thread asking you questions.

My 2c

Brad

While on the topic when do you get yours in stock nev?

That wasn't a dig by the way. I'm waiting on them to come in stock before I order a number of things for a setup.

I've got my name down for a 24v so I can make a comparison.

Nev, I am sure that you sell to more than just AHB members.
Jump on-board we all get a cheaper price and your margins go up.

Well, it has already been said by a few people but I was waiting for Nev to get more stock in. A few people have asked in the original "$32.50" thread (I subscribed for updates) about when more stock was coming in and nothing more has been said. The website has been out of stock for quite a while. When there is demand and no supply from one retailer, then that demand gets met else where.

I was going to use one of Nev's pumps for the same reason I will use these pumps. Cheap pump to prototype my Brau-clone design, and if it proves to be a good pump I can always use it for sparging, shifting cooling water through my immersion cooler, etc, etc....

At some point I will be buying a March pump to put onto the Brau-clone as it will be a high quality component and an integral part of the system. So I won't really want to trust a $30 pump.

Just so everyone knows.. Although questioned by Gryphon Brewer in PM as well..

No commercial interest here..
Just want cheap stuff for myself..
Keep adding pumps to the list those who want more..

Warwick

You might want to go further into that customs link. I could be wrong (have been before) but i am pretty sure that the $1000 gst limit is including freight and all other costs. It's invoice price.

Just so there's no hurt wallets.

You might want to go further into that customs link. I could be wrong (have been before) but i am pretty sure that the $1000 gst limit is including freight and all other costs. It's invoice price.

Just so there's no hurt wallets.

It's the FOB Price.. Which is Freight on Board.. I.E. what it costs to get it onto the plane/ship.. I emailed customs to ask that question.

1. TL-B07 -24v - warwick
2. TL-B07 -24v - warwick
3. TL-B07 -12v - Mjad
4. TL-B07 -12v - Mjad
5. TL-B07 -12v - Acasta
6. TL-B07 - 24v - Wallace
7. TL-B07 - 12v - Davelovesbeer
8. TL-B07 - 24v - ampy
9. TL-B07 - 24v - ampy
10. TL-B07 - 24v - Parks
11 TB-B07 - 24v - David72
12 TB-B07 - 24v - David72
13 TB-B07 - 24v - angus_grant
14 TB-B07 - 24v - angus_grant
15. TL-B07 -24v - darkman
16. TL-B07 -24v - darkman
17. TL-B07 -24v - jez
18. TL-B07 -12v - Mario
19.TL-B07 -24v - golani51
20. TL - B07 -24v - golani51
21. TL - B02 -24v- golani51
22. TL - B07 -24v - Black_labb
23. TL - B07 -12v - Black_labb
24. TL - B07 -12V - Robbo2234
25.TL - B07 -12V - abc
26.TL - B07 -12V - abc
27. TL- B07 -24V - swampy
28. TL- B07 -24V - swampy
29. TL- B07 -12V - cruiser351
30. TL- B07 -12V - cruiser351
31. TL- B07 -12V - Blue Baggers
32. TL- B07 -12V - Blue Baggers
33. TL-B07 - 12V - christmas
34. TL-B07 - 12V - samward
35. TL-B07 - 12V - samward
36. TL-B07 - 24V - akroplane1
37. TL-B07 - 24V - akroplane1
38. TL-B07 - 12V - goldy
39. TL-B07 - 12V - goldy
40.TL- B07 -24V - Pokolbinguy
41. TL- B07 -24V - Pokolbinguy
42. TL-BO7 - 24V - northside novice
43. TL- B07 -24V - zxhoon
44. TL-BO7 - 24V - zxhoon
45. TL-B07 - 12V - Brad81
46. TL-B07 - 12V - Brad81
47. TL-B07 - 24v - SuchiDog
48. TL-B07 - 24v - SuchiDog

Added Brad81's and SuchiDog's pumps to the list. Also scrapped the tally of money..
Made no sense anymore since we are below $25 each.

And where is the after sales support ??
Buy from Gryphon Brewing and you get back up and complaint fittings,
Cheers
Nev

If anyone wasn't aware.. If I haven't made myself clear with this here is the deal.
I am ordering these pumps with 10% spare.. These I'm hoping will be enough extras to cover failures..
In the end outside of that 10% there isn't a whole lot that I can do.
That being said the current price for one of these pumps is $21 and coming down.
If it continues through to around 75 then we will be getting 2 for the $32..

I have no problems with Nev at Gryphon..
I think we are selling different things..

Not after competing with Gryphon Brewing or anyone else just after a cheaper price for myself.

I've been waiting for ages for Gryphon to bring pumps back in stock, no updates recently, asked about fittings, no updates, 24V high flow option? no answer.

Sorry Nev but if you kept stock and what looks like roughly 3/4 of the buyers want 24V, I would buy from you, I want the fittings that fit, I've asked and had no response, ok no I haven't emailed you but you are from what I have seen in the past quite active on AHB forums and it was your thread I posted in.

If you can supply the 24V high flow option and fittings, and get the 12V back in stock as well then you might get some sales, you can't sell what you don't have

I have a spare 12v already, but may look at getting a 24v just for the hell of it.. 2 spare is better than 1 spare ;)

might you look at getting the order split into 2 orders to keep it under 1k? not sure of the economics, just a thought.

Yob

Your not going to haver an issue as youll have to ship in seperate postage irders thus tge order is broken up. Just ask tgem to do seperate invoices for each postage box and it will be under $1k. International suppliers have done it for me previously. Its really not much of an issue for them if they want tge business

If we get to the 2 for 32 mark I will get my own spare too!

Latest posts

Back