Bulk Buy 9 Litre Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So there's Mark^*******, NickB and me in Brisbane. Anyone else? Combined postage could be a goer

Also I work for a freight company, quip can you please give me the package dimensions and weight as I may be able to get this picked up and it could work out cheaper, then Bris people can pick up from me or if they live close enough me or kram could possibly drop them off.

Also I work for a freight company, quip can you please give me the package dimensions and weight as I may be able to get this picked up and it could work out cheaper, then Bris people can pick up from me or if they live close enough me or kram could possibly drop them off.

They are 38cm tall, x 21cm diameter and weigh 3.4kg.

Those talking about "non removable" poppets - are you sure?? Can someone post a picture?

I haven't seen the particular kegs in question, but I've never seen non removable poppets. There are two posts made though where the poppets look like they might be non-removable:

The first is all-metal, it looks non removable but there is actually just a circlip that holds in a plate below the poppet. It's incredibly simple to remove with a pair of needle nose pliers.

The second type has a plastic/nylon bush that holds the poppet in. A gentle tap with a punch and a hammer on the poppet will push the plastic bush out (along with the poppet).

The one I got from Craft Brewer (Italian made) had poppets that couldn't be removed - but the posts appear to be identical otherwise to the regular corny posts - so perhaps you could swap them if you need to remove the poppets. Unfortunately my little corny is all gassed up at the moment so I can't test this.

If the poppets can't be removed, how do they get them in?? :huh: Are they glued or welded or something?

They are 38cm tall, x 21cm diameter and weigh 3.4kg.

Freight companies don't charge based on net dimensions and weights, and they don't measure round items with diameters either.

E.g. I'm not sure if these kegs come in boxes of one or say boxes of 9 with the boxes of 9 having the kegs arranged in a set of triangles. If this were the case the total shipping volume would be less than 9 individual kegs in square boxes.

So if there were 9 kegs going to Brisbane people (not unlikely out of 50) it may be worth knowing these things...

For the WA dudes I see..

11. Sinkas x2 ( Can be pick up point for WA-)
27. billgill x 1 (WA 6108, will pickup from WA distro pending details)
29. Simon W x2 (pickup from Sinka's )
31. pbrosnan x 1
34. Mika x 2 off (P/up from Sinkas)
40.justsomeguy x1 (Perth 6064)

So that's 9kegs for WA. As long as Sinkas is still cool to recieve them all I propose we wait till Sinkas has called and given his address then we can pay westquip and tell them it will be combined shipping to sinkas/WA Pick Up Point. Might save us a couple of $$ on freight.

Cool Case ?

good luck with it all guys and what a response , party kegs all round !!!

Freight companies don't charge based on net dimensions and weights, and they don't measure round items with diameters either.

E.g. I'm not sure if these kegs come in boxes of one or say boxes of 9 with the boxes of 9 having the kegs arranged in a set of triangles. If this were the case the total shipping volume would be less than 9 individual kegs in square boxes.

So if there were 9 kegs going to Brisbane people (not unlikely out of 50) it may be worth knowing these things...

Hi mark

The kegs do not come boxed, although we will obviously do so for freight purposes for individual units, for bulk lots we may put on a small skid if it warranted.
In terms of individual units, I would work on a cube of 40cm x 26cm x 26cm to be sure (allowing for packaging size)

can i confirm for 2 or just one?????

sorry quip this thing just took off so quickly..........................

1. Reg x 2 (Vic, 3030)
2. Rookstar
3. Fents x 2 (Vic, 3084)
4. BusinessTime
5. balconybrewer x1 2444 (x2 if possible)
6. schooey
7. Unterberg 1 (Newcastle 2289 potentially pickup in Sydney on the 14th)
8. Cortez The Killer x 1 (and 1 at #14)
9. disco stu
10. Jeff E
12. barls 1 ( denistone east 2112)
13. Phillip
14. Cortez The Killer x 1 - (Wollongong NSW 2500)
15. gregb
16. clean brewer x 1
17. Hairofthedog x1(Melbourne 3084)
18. Homekegger x 2 (Happy to pick up in Melbourne if delivered prior to x-mas. I will be in Vic from 21 Dec - 03 Jan otherwise deliver to SA)
19. MarkBastard x 1 (As long as we can get them soonish?)
20. jeddog
21. kram (adding name to list, but will confirm wednesday)
22. Mario x2 I can pick up in Melbourne any time
23. Grantw x 1 (thats two for Wollongong NSW 2500)
24. Razz x 1
25. Captaincleanoff x 1
26. Boston (Adelaide)
28. NickB (Pending approval from the Minister)
30. NRB x2 (Melbourne)
31. pbrosnan x 1
32. Dicko ACT (2615)
33. Sicnarf x 2 (Melbourne pickup? Rowville 3178)
35. Tourist (P/up from Dicko)
36. quantocks (2068, live next to captaincleanoff so maybe delivery can be done that way?)
37. mark_m
38. Doc x1 (Sydney)
39. Stubbie (Melbourne)

Bugger. I've been going through this in my head for the whole weekend. Should I, shouldn't I....

I guess it pays to go with your heart and work out the finances later..

Anyhoo, fist time poster, long time reader: Gudday all.

And just in case: if there is another one going, Im more than happy to take it. Im in Brisneyland by the way.

Beanie

Bugger. I've been going through this in my head for the whole weekend. Should I, shouldn't I....

I guess it pays to go with your heart and work out the finances later..

Anyhoo, fist time poster, long time reader: Gudday all.

And just in case: if there is another one going, I'm more than happy to take it. I'm in Brisneyland by the way.

Beanie

Hmmm, same here. DOH! I was actually waiting to see if the price went lower once the BB reached 50 units

Oh well, the bunnings sprayer party keg system will have to be my next project.
Building and Using Garden Sprayer Party Kegs

Enjoy your new kegs peeps :)

so is this over?? Thought we had till wednesday? I'm looking at 1 maybe 2 if a mate of mine is interested.

I reckon there'd be enough interest to run another bb in a few months, once winequip is re-stocked (assuming Quip is OK with that).

I didn't put my had up this time, but will be after a 9L keg in the new year.

Happy to combine postage on mine if available... Still working on the Xmas present angle....

Cheers

1. Reg x 2 (Vic, 3030)
2. Rookstar
3. Fents x 2 (Vic, 3084)
4. BusinessTime (NSW 2000)
5. balconybrewer
6. schooey
7. Unterberg 1 (Newcastle 2289 potentially pickup in Sydney on the 14th)
8. Cortez The Killer x 1 (and 1 at #14)
9. disco stu
10. Jeff E
12. barls 1 ( denistone east 2112)
13. Phillip
14. Cortez The Killer x 1 - (Wollongong NSW 2500)
15. gregb
16. clean brewer x 1
17. Hairofthedog x1(Melbourne 3084)
18. Homekegger x 2 (Happy to pick up in Melbourne if delivered prior to x-mas. I will be in Vic from 21 Dec - 03 Jan otherwise deliver to SA)
19. MarkBastard x 1 (As long as we can get them soonish?)
20. jeddog
21. kram (adding name to list, but will confirm wednesday)
22. Mario x2 I can pick up in Melbourne any time
23. Grantw x 1 (thats two for Wollongong NSW 2500)
24. Razz x 1 Ordered and paid
25. Captaincleanoff x 1
26. Boston (Adelaide)
28. NickB (Pending approval from the Minister)
30. NRB x2 (Melbourne)
31. pbrosnan x 1
32. Dicko ACT (2615)
33. Sicnarf x 2 (Melbourne pickup? Rowville 3178)
35. Tourist (P/up from Dicko)
36. quantocks (2068, live next to captaincleanoff so maybe delivery can be done that way?)
37. mark_m
38. Doc x1 (Sydney)
39. Stubbie (Melbourne)
41. sappas x 1 (Melbourne)

So if the order is done how do we sort our distribution ? Sorry to ask again never participated in a BB before.

Just go back through the entire thread and have a look who is in Sydney. Send them a pm or post on here listing their names. You should be able to work something out. :D

Back