Building stuff in the shed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could always put a toilet in the shed. Would make it complete home then

That would be the 'polite' thing to do if you're entertaining house guests on a Sunday morning following a Saturday evenings meal of garlic raita and spicy vindaloo paired with stout.

What a waste of perfectly good firewood.

Pretty much how my woodwork projects finish up. I like welding.

What a waste of perfectly good firewood.

Got heaps

2017-12-02 19.21.19.jpg
2017-12-02 19.21.51.jpg

The council made me get rid of my 10 year old shed.
Given it was a temporary shed ( 14m X 9m and 4.5m high) built out of gal pipe and a tarp for walls and roof that was only supposed to be there for a year I can't complain too much.
They had a law in UK that if a building was there for 4 years and no complaints that it could stay but it seems your not allowed to hide as one person tried to do with a giant hay stack supported by scaffolding.

A shed for every need you say? Might be getting there. Here's my latest addition to the "compound" of 4 behind my garage. Eventual plan is to replace them all by extending the garage back but in the meantime these have to do. This one's dedicated to brewing and means that the old brew/tool shed of the same size can now just be a tool shed/workshop. Also smaller ones for garden tools and a wood shed.

20171003_121652.jpg

It would also need a bar, or will the bike rack you just built double as a bar?

It is dual purpose ...ironically, you could fit a corny and miracle box under it and just bolt the tap where ever you wanted...after all, it is a work bench

I come from a long line of proud shed owners so I feel constant guilt by shaming my family from having bought a house with only a single car garage (attached the the house so doesn't qualify as a shed by any stretch of the imagination) and a shitty little garden shed that barely fits the mower. Dad says he's ok with my life choices but he can't look me in the eye when he tells me that.

I come from a long line of proud shed owners so I feel constant guilt by shaming my family from having bought a house with only a single car garage (attached the the house so doesn't qualify as a shed by any stretch of the imagination) and a shitty little garden shed that barely fits the mower. Dad says he's ok with my life choices but he can't look me in the eye when he tells me that.
Yeah I'm in the same boat but at least I have a 2 car garage.

Yeah I'm in the same boat but at least I have a 2 car garage.
You two need to take a serious look at yerselves in the mirror! Or get a good divorce lawyer, my last debacle breaking out the tools in the dinning room, ended in near blood shed!! (and not from my lack luster skills with sharp tools, that has accounted for 37 stitches over the years)
Weekly meetings may help, but ya haven't got a shed between you to hold them.
Sort it out, start a BB or somethin!

Feel no shame good sir. My workshop is exactly that - a single car garage attached to the house. Through efficient use of space I have turned it into a pretty well equipped woodworking shop - table saw, router table, drill press,drop saw, extractor. As I tell the missus all the time, it's not the size it's what you do with it that counts.

I did use said workshop to construct a purpose built brewery shed down the side though...

You two need to take a serious look at yerselves in the mirror! Or get a good divorce lawyer, my last debacle breaking out the tools in the dinning room, ended in near blood shed!! (and not from my lack luster skills with sharp tools, that has accounted for 37 stitches over the years)
Weekly meetings may help, but ya haven't got a shed between you to hold them.
Sort it out, start a BB or somethin!

You should try putting car parts in the dishwasher.......dont worry...it does a fantastic job

My shed is so full of (my wife’s) stuff that its impossible to work in. Got to go outside to change my mind, and have to move tools and things to a table in the carport to do stuff. But, just as a home is where the heart is, a shed is where you do shit (not the toilet). The shed is a temple of dreams that crosses all social, political and ethic borders. They are where the most outrageous ideas combine with dangerous electrical equipment and volatile substances. Just look at those crafty ISIS guys tinkering away making IEDs in mud brick sheds in the Middle East – squint and you can see a bunch of local kids bum-cracking over the bonnet of an old Falcon in a neighbour’s galvo shed. The faith is universal.

Been watching this YouTube series about a couple of blokes in the New England area of the US who have decided to build a wooden boat and sail around the world. They’re starting from scratch, chopping down great-granddad’s trees and milling the timber not just for the boat but for a woodshed to season the boat timbers, and the scrap to be used as fuel to melt the lead for the ballast keel. And they build a tall boat shed in the front yard from a plastic tarp and lightweight wooden frame, only for the local building inspector to crack the shits (further proof of the universality of sheds). Their videos show their progress warts and all. This early one about the tree felling has its wry moments. I like their attitude and wish them well in their shed of dreams.

Latest posts

Back