Brunswicks Better Community Day at the Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New_guy

Reaction score
The Merri Mashers are down here and TRB have been very supportive - we are receiving a $5 commission from the sale if steins and books that we have setup on the stall.
Tell your friends and family to support your club, come down and buy something

manticle said:
What time are you finishing up?
The TRB event goes on until 9pm, but the MM bit night knock off at 5, depending on how long we have volunteers on the stall.

I should be able to get down there a bit earlier than I thought, around 2.30-3pm...

We have TRB steins @ $20 each (normally $30), lots of books at $15 and growler full of TRB beer is $25 - all with $5 going to Merri Mashers
There is some serious BBQ going on as well if anyone needs a feed plus of course great TRB beer.

Should I still bring down some of my biab gear and spec grain?

Dan is down there with my keggle and Kevin's Urn and immersion chiller - I think some spec grain would be great in a few pots.

Hooked up with brouhaha down here, been a good coupla hours. He's heading off now, I can stay a bit...

carniebrew said:
Hooked up with brouhaha down here, been a good coupla hours. He's heading off now, I can stay a bit...
Did you get my phone number from the others? If not am PMing now. Let me know when to come along to collect stuff. Thanks.

New_guy said:
We make any sales??
When I arrived, the jug had $7 in it. When I left, it had....wait for it....$7 in it. Sorry...guess I'm not a salesman!

We did get at least a dozen people sign up to be notified about future Merri Mashers events though.

And I was just thinking, a couple more folks joined up to the facebook group tonight, so you must have got a few punters interested.... great work guys!

I had better get around to making a facebook event page for the next meet up at the Great Northern, strike while the iron's hot kind of thing. I'll put a link up when it's done.

Thanks to everyone who came along and/or helped out yesterday. Looks like it was pretty successful. A total of 14 people left their names and email addresses, but I think a lot more took away the leaflets I printed, which amongst other things pointed people at this website. So there are potentially a few more lurkers reading this now.

Evening,
A couple of things to report. I went to the BeerFest thing at Flagstaff Gardens on Sunday. Got sunburnt. But also had a chat with Renata from Temple. She confirmed that we're welcome to have a meeting at their place sometime, as long as we just give plenty of notice.
Then tonight I popped into TRB for a growler of Kolch and spoke to Marcus. They still haven't really done the sums on what we made on Saturday, but there are basically 3 options for paying us:
  1. TRB make a donation to the club. We could potentially put this towards a trip to Canberra in October, for instance.
  2. We get paid in beer.
  3. We get paid in grain, e.g. smoked malt.
So, what should we opt for? I think either Marcus or another TRB representative may be coming to the GN meet on 25th, so we should probably decide before then.

If we were paid in grain / (? And hops) could we put this towards a plan to do a competition brew on the TRB pilot brewery?

I think payment in cash could be difficult without a proper club structure, treasurer, bank account etc. And I personally would much rather payment in grain than beer. I like New_guys suggestion of taking the grain and using it for a competition or a large club brew.

I like New_guys suggestion of taking the grain and using it for a competition or a large club brew.

Ditto, Brouhaha and New Guy.

We could put the money towards things like our merrimashers.org domain name, incorporation costs (should we go down that route), etc...?

Latest posts

Back