Brunswicks Better Community Day at the Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job New_guy, Kevin, carniebrew, brouhaha and breadmurderer (is that everyone?) for manning the stall. I was down at Wilson's Prom camping last weekend and so not available, but happy to get involved in the next one. TRBs continuous support is really great. I ought to get down there soon and grab a growler of their Hop Star...

I think both suggestions (by carniebrew and New_guy (we should really get a list of usernames vs. real names...)) are good. I wonder which option would make sense, given the state of the club... We've got our name ( :party:) but things still seem pretty young in terms of organisation. Are we thinking about competitions and using TRBs pilot brewery yet? Perhaps the domain name/incorporation costs would be a better priority at this point?

That said, grain sounds good too B)

Great job New_guy, Kevin, carniebrew, brouhaha and breadmurderer (is that everyone?) for manning the stall. I was down at Wilson's Prom camping last weekend and so not available, but happy to get involved in the next one. TRBs continuous support is really great. I ought to get down there soon and grab a growler of their Hop Star...

I think both suggestions (by carniebrew and New_guy (we should really get a list of usernames vs. real names...)) are good. I wonder which option would make sense, given the state of the club... We've got our name ( :party:) but things still seem pretty young in terms of organisation. Are we thinking about competitions and using TRBs pilot brewery yet? Perhaps the domain name/incorporation costs would be a better priority at this point?

That said, grain sounds good too B)[/
quote]

Good point beermeupscotty

Let's start a real name list

New_guy = Tim

I have a lot of the user name/real name matchups, courtesy of the name tags at our last meeting. I could type it up and attach it as a file if people want?

Guys,
FYI , incorporation isn't that expensive, about $60 bucks iirc.
Vic gov Dept of justice is your go to , should you want it .
Cheers Ferg

As far as real names, etc has anyone put together a list of actual members? Do we know how many people are in our club? :)

What would be great is an agenda for this months meet so we know exactly what goals we need to discuss and get completed, this may all ready be written up?

Thoughts on the next meet are get all the boring club details sorted so we can start consentrating on what the club is all about, I suppose even that needs discussed! :party:

Agreed, I've looked into it recently, and have been involved in incorporation before for other clubs. I think it's wise for the Merri Mashers, mostly because it provides the right level of protection for those involved in organising events. To use an (albeit extreme) example, we could turn up to use the pilot brewery at TRB say, and one bloke turns the wrong valve on the boil kettle and burns his hand. Without incorporation, he could sue the 'organisers' of the event, and they'd be personally liable, i.e, their home/car/etc could be on the line. For less than $100 to incorporate, that person could only sue the "club" for any money it has, the elected directors of the club would be protected from personal liability. That's how it was explained to me, anyway.

So I agree we should discuss what members want to do about formally becoming an incorporated club, and what type of events everyone would like to see held.

I think we are in a catch 22 situation re money until we sort out our "administration". Kevin recommended that if TRB was to pay MM in grain we could each receive x amount of grain and then each make a brew and compare the results ??

Sorry for the late notice, but anyone up for doing it all again this Saturday?
Unfortunately I won't be able to be there very much, as our Saturdays are pretty full these days, although I might make it late in the day.

Kevin Hawley said:
Sorry for the late notice, but anyone up for doing it all again this Saturday?
Unfortunately I won't be able to be there very much, as our Saturdays are pretty full these days, although I might make it late in the day.
Sorry - I am booked out this Saturday

It looks like they're having them monthly (or so), so probably no need to be at every one. Perhaps we can aim for the next day once we have our committee in place, and hopefully some official "business cards", letterhead, that sort of thing.

Latest posts

Back