Bronx pale ale.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liam_snorkel said:
don't bother looking for them in Brisbane, we've cleaned out every DM already. Friday was declared Bronx Day.

They're cheap because they're deleting the line. Beers were close to the BB date but still tasted very fresh.
Liam you *******! I love this beer and have been buying it regularly. How many cases did you get? Bring some to the case swap? :wub:

Cheers - Snow.

I only got 1 carton for myself - got some cans left, I'll keep a couple in the back of the fridge where I can't see them B)

ascot vale had 5 last wednesday when i got as case as they had dropped from $95 a case to $65

Watergardens had 22 cans left I grabbed 8. Had to show manager price on website as they had no ideas about it

There is a reason they are cheap, they taste very average.

Im not sure where all this praise is coming from, there is 3 full trolleys of them at the front counter in our local DM, I bought another 4 pack to just make sure I was right the first time in them tasting terrible, and yep, second tasting confirmed it. everyone i've spoke to thinks the same.

Congrats u lot for picking up a bargain, u can ave em.

I like this beer but just watch out for cans with a best before stamp of : 051920141305. all have a lot of metallic floaties, looks like the lining of the can is breaking up?
They settle to the bottom of the glass pretty quickly.
Cheers

3GumsBrewing said:
I like this beer but just watch out for cans with a best before stamp of : 051920141305. all have a lot of metallic floaties, looks like the lining of the can is breaking up?
Cheers
Sweet jesus!

3GumsBrewing said:
have a lot of metallic floaties, looks like the lining of the can is breaking up?
Those metallic floaties should settle to the bottom of your colon pretty quickly too

shaunous said:
There is a reason they are cheap, they taste very average.

Im not sure where all this praise is coming from, there is 3 full trolleys of them at the front counter in our local DM, I bought another 4 pack to just make sure I was right the first time in them tasting terrible, and yep, second tasting confirmed it. everyone i've spoke to thinks the same.

Congrats u lot for picking up a bargain, u can ave em.
all the ones I've had were great. Heaps of hop flavour & aroma, like a smaller cousin of Ballast point Big Eye IPA. Maybe your DM had them poorly stored for a while?

No floaties in mine as have same date as mentioned. They aren't mid blowing but for less then two bucks a can they are pretty damn good

Not a beer that blew my mind either, but I am becoming more likely to buy hoppy styles from the States in cans rather than bottles.

Im no great brewer or knower of ingredients, but is one of the hops used (I cant remember what hops are in it) known for giving that twang aftertaste that myself and all others around here I have spoken to seem to give it?
It's just not as smooth as other PA/IPA's i've had or brewed. Soon as it hits the mouth and nose its great, then 2 seconds later your quickly throwing it down your thoat so you dont get that funny taste.

kevo said:
Not a beer that blew my mind either, but I am becoming more likely to buy hoppy styles from the States in cans rather than bottles.
Main reason I bought it the secong time, knowing I didnt super love it after the first. That and its 6.3% :)

3GumsBrewing said:
Cheers
Just cut a can open after pouring, those little floaties are there, but the inside of the can looks smooth as a babies bum, I can't see any deterioration in the can at all.
I did tip some dregs on to a plate and had a look, they look organic, i squashed a few with my finger and they smudged on the plate.
Maybe just crap that got through at canning.
Possibly they don't filter the beer first ?

Still tastes good to me !

CF

I got a four pack last week and the first two were tending to gush a bit, by the time I got them poured all the CO2 was knocked out and they tasted a bit flat. The other two cans were very nice. No floaties.

I had bought 2 4 packs prior to the craziness of last weekend. Thought they were very drinkable for 12.90 a 4 packs. Last Thursday/Friday I bought 2 and a half cartons at $30 a pop. Haven't noticed any floaties yet and the flavour/aroma is still definitely there. Would buy again at full price (which is now 9.90 a 4 pack or 50 a carton)

Latest posts

Back