British Ale Competition 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah it is a fair point... fortunately for me Boronia is only a quick 15 minute drive - so nice and easy. i think that puts me at the navel end of nowhere
Brendo

Pretty much! :lol:

At least i get to enjoy the only decent thing that comes out of CUB on an almost daily basis. The smell of the mash/boil.. :icon_drool2: Its in walking distance to my place.

I swear the smell is the reason why ive brewed so much recently. Just so i can get 'another hit'! hehehe!

if the Club meetings weren't in the arse end of nowhere (Ferntree Gully and i live in Abbotsford) i might be interested. ;)

<_< cityslicker.
Abbotsford? the place the producers wanted too film "Slumdog Millionaire" :p , wasnt quite eccentric enough!!

Yeah, like a lot of post`s this is an uneasy event too enter, the styles within the 2nd category are here or there to the next. I certainly pity the judges doing this one.

I will only be blowing through on the day with most likely Arthur and BarryR, what sort of time schedule are we looking at i.e 2hr 4hr allnite bender etc.

Drop off a couple of brews tomorrow at Boronia for the event. Process of convincing Arthur to enter his maiden.

Good luck too all!!

<_< cityslicker.

Unlike some, I prefer to commute 10 mins to work by train (35 by foot) and wake up within 1 hour before I have to get there. Saying that, when i used to live in Thornbury my old job was just a 10 min drive so that wont apply for everyone. My sister however lives in Heathcoe and commutes to the city every day for work! :blink: Crazy!

Not to mention being a stones throw from Little Vietnam and a shipload of awesome bars is a +. I enjoyed going out last Saturday night down Smith ST, leaving at 2:30 and walking home in 10 mins. My mates didnt even have a cab to get home by then. I did have to run the gauntlet past 3 gay pubs!

Then again i guess im missing out, I am still a little grasshopper and have not yet accquired the 'luxuries' of a mortgage and children! :lol:

Maybe when i divulge into those Haysie, i may have the same outlook as you!

Cheers! :icon_cheers:

My submission will probably be in at greensy HBS next weekend anyways so i'm likely to be more than safe ;)

Trying to get me to join MB'ers are we?!?! Dangling the carrot?!? :lol:

Maybe I was Fourstar, maybe I was ....

I live in Coburg and make my way to Ferntree Gully for the
meeting each month and I reckon it's worth it.

On the other hand maybe the closest club might be the one for you.

Maybe you'll stay independant ...

i might be moving out to ringwood, in which case Melb Brewers is a lot closer so I might have to just join.

Hey Guys, Quick Question.

You are allowing multipule entries per category, what about per style. it will tame me from having to make a decision over dryhopped as my entry or not.

Hey Guys, Quick Question.

You are allowing multipule entries per category, what about per style. it will tame me from having to make a decision over dryhopped as my entry or not.

post#26 would answer that.
YES

Melbourne Brewers thread,, come on....

post#26 would answer that.
YES

:unsure: Whoops, I quickly scanned over the thread, i knew there was know issues entering into the same categories, didnt spot the 2x ESB.. i'd hate to be directed to the 'search' function anytome soon! :rolleyes:

I live in Coburg and make my way to Ferntree Gully for the
meeting each month and I reckon it's worth it.

Luxury ..........

I've got a 240km drive to go to the IBU Big Brew Day this Saturday ..

Slightly less ks but all uphill and need to sleep overnight in the back of a car to go to Canberra Brewers monthly meeting.. when the car goes ..BUT NOT NOW - new Commodore in ther garage !!!

Over 600klm in a day for NSW case swaps ..

HTFU people.

Maybe you'll stay independent ...

too lonely being an outsider ... I'd feel like Fourstar in a gay bar in Smith St ! :unsure:

Guys,

I dropped my entry off at Greensborough HB on saturday, Dave had NFI what the deal was with the bottles. He was unsure wether somone from the event was picking them up or he should be dropping them off at the brewers den or another locality.

You might want to add some info to clarify this if others are dropping off entries at Greensborough during the week.

Cheers!

Great :eek: , I sent mine down there last week, hope they don't get lost!

Andrew

You are probabaly fine Andrew. Dave from Greensy had the suspicion the brewers den was 'home base' so to speak for the entries. Just hope i dont have to drive them down on sunday to the event. Weighing up wether or not they are going to be freebies for Dave if they dont make it to the event. :p

Not long now guys.

Closing date for shop entries is close of business, Saturday May 16.
Drop off entries at The Brewers Den, Greensborough Homebrewing, or Grain and Grape - or just bring them in on the day of the competition.

I'll be picking up the G&G entries between 12 and 1pm Saturday so don't leave it till last minute.

BK

Don't worry, bottles will all be picked up on Saturday arvo from the three drop off points. Superhero is picking up from GBHBS and I'll be picking up from Brewers Den.

Cheers,
Tim

Latest posts

Back