Brisbane Gateway Toll Free?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
When Tidal Pete and I went down to the hop split up we went over the Gateway Bridge and its bank of number plate recognition cameras. I hadn't bought a ticket as I was running late, so decided to buy one from the local retailer (3 day grace period) on my return and clean forgot about it. Still no notice in the mail. Talking to my son who regularly goes down to Nimbin :huh: and he said "nah I never buy a ticket, never had a notice either". Talking to the Big Burper ( forum KnK member I have a wee piss up with most Mondays) and he had to go to a wedding at Redlands and similarly failed to buy a ticket. No notice in the mail after about 2 months.

Could we suppose that the number plate recognition system ain't all it's cracked up to be?

I can assure you the software used in Victoria works - on both toll roads. :(

No surprise there though, really.

Yeah ours definately works. Copped a few fines when my brothers ex was driving my old car before the rego was changed over. normally double a standard toll pretty much by the time you pay the admin fees then if you dont pay that it goes up. dunno what it becomes though...

I know when it was first introduced they were going easy on the fines to try and get the public 'on side' with the whole thing. I've no idea if they are still going easy on it though.

Latest posts

Back