Brisbane Bulk Buy - Any Interest?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paid & PMed.
Like your work Sqyre :icon_cheers:

zzzzzz TXFR done

Screwy

PS: Picking up for: Batz, Bindi, Incider, Bulp so far, have I missed anyone. Any others up this way want malt collected.

Glen??

Hiya Screwy

It will depend a little on when the pallets land at Ross's place - I will be down in Brisbane in a couple of weeks, and could pick-up my order then. Otherwise, if you have room in your ute, It'd be great if you could bring my malt up too please.

Cheers mate - talk soon.

Joe.

Hi guys and gals. I know Im a bit late this time in but next month Ill be moving to Kilcoy. I have a couple of questions for the north of Brisbane, Sunshine Coast AHB's.
How often are these bulk buys organised?
Are there any other AHB in the district say Caboolture to Blackbutt down to Esk area?
Thinking seriously of setting up kegs under bar in new house. E-mailed Ross Re: Keg setup. Still have to follow that one up when dimentions of existing bar are confirmed ie fit fridges, taps ect.
I would like to get to know any local area AHBs, especialy AG'ers for knowledge and hands on experience even though Ive only done K&K to date. :icon_cheers:

Daz

Hiya Screwy

It will depend a little on when the pallets land at Ross's place - I will be down in Brisbane in a couple of weeks, and could pick-up my order then. Otherwise, if you have room in your ute, It'd be great if you could bring my malt up too please.

Cheers mate - talk soon.

Joe.

Your welcome to jump on the Sunshine Coast Grain Train Joe.

Hi guys and gals. I know Im a bit late this time in but next month Ill be moving to Kilcoy. I have a couple of questions for the north of Brisbane, Sunshine Coast AHB's.
How often are these bulk buys organised?
Are there any other AHB in the district say Caboolture to Blackbutt down to Esk area?
Thinking seriously of setting up kegs under bar in new house. E-mailed Ross Re: Keg setup. Still have to follow that one up when dimentions of existing bar are confirmed ie fit fridges, taps ect.
I would like to get to know any local area AHBs, especialy AG'ers for knowledge and hands on experience even though Ive only done K&K to date. :icon_cheers:

Daz

Daz,

No mans land as far as AHB'ers is concerned as far as I know. Let us know if you have room for some swags under the new house, should be able to arrange get togethers now and again :lol:

Cheers,

Screwy

Daz,

No mans land as far as AHB'ers is concerned as far as I know. Let us know if you have room for some swags under the new house, should be able to arrange get togethers now and again :lol:

Cheers,

Screwy

I've got a mate out Kilcoy way Daz and she can help you 'brew' if you need it. That's if you're single. If not, I'll make my way out for a brewday with you in the next coupla months. I am currently under the apprenticeship of the Sunshine Coast Grain Train . Just last week I was sent out for some left handed all-grain extract :p

InCider.

Hey DKS,
There has been Bulk buys happening on and off in the past now and then.
This the first i have been involved with and if they can all be this easy i reckon they seriously could be a regular thing in the future...

I'm not sure about members in your area but we do have Case swap Meetings twice a year to swap beers, stories, ideas and generaly get poofaced.. B)
and there is one coming up on the 5th of july. LINK

Hope this helps...

Sqyre... ;)

Hey DKS,
There has been Bulk buys happening on and off in the past now and then.
This the first i have been involved with and if they can all be this easy i reckon they seriously could be a regular thing in the future...

I'm not sure about members in your area but we do have Case swap Meetings twice a year to swap beers, stories, ideas and generaly get poofaced.. B)
and there is one coming up on the 5th of july. LINK

Hope this helps...

Sqyre... ;)

Sqyre's right. We do call the 'poofacings' case swaps. And the BEER! Man these guys make some awesome beer! Better than the other states by far! :p (well, less rules than in WA anyway) :lol:

Sqyre's right. We do call the 'poofacings' case swaps. And the BEER! Man these guys make some awesome beer! Better than the other states by far! :p (well, less rules than in WA anyway) :lol:

Originally it was called "Wife Swap" but it didnt fit in with the Beer forum,
and Incider was the only one that actually brought a wife, her name was Zizzle...
And there was another.. her name was Pat.. but Zizzle went leso and kept screaming in the middle of the night.."WHY DONT YOU LOVE ME PAT!!!" so Pat ran away to Perth to hide from Zizzle.
Then Zizzle got deported to New york to service Bob Marley Fans for dollar donations.
So then we were like.."What do we do now?".. and someone said... "wanna beer?".. and thats pretty much it..... :unsure:

Did i leave anything out?
Sqyre... ;)

Sqyre, you owe me a new keyboard..... How the hell will I clean off the combined Hefeweizen and snot???? *******!

Yes, Poofaced we shall all be (again). Just watch the chooks...ahem....

;)

You get the drift DKS?

The reason so much great beer is produced right here in Queensland is due to the seriousness of the brewers, hell sometimes the FNQ (thats F for far) brewers even drive the 2000 odd Km just to participate in swaps. Zizzle and InCider attend just to wreck stuff, but most are dead serious brewers. And the best bunch of bastards you would ever wish to get poofaced with :lol:"

You get the drift DKS?

The reason so much great beer is produced right here in Queensland is due to the seriousness of the brewers, hell sometimes the FNQ (thats F for far) brewers even drive the 2000 odd Km just to participate in swaps. Zizzle and InCider attend just to wreck stuff, but most are dead serious brewers. And the best bunch of bastards you would ever wish to get poofaced with :lol: "

Yeh, got it, sounds good. Ill have to get houses, moving, kids schools and all that drama sorted before I can do anything.Thanks for replies. :icon_cheers:

Daz

Well done Gents!!
All Payments recieved and accounted for... :icon_cheers:

I have spoken to Ross earlier this week and he believes the "order to delivery" time is as little as 3 days.
So we could be looking at grain Pick ups as early as next saturday... :super:

I will let everyone know what the go is once i have confirmation from Ross.

Sqyre... :D

Well done Gents!!
All Payments recieved and accounted for...

I have spoken to Ross earlier this week and he believes the "order to delivery" time is as little as 3 days.
So we could be looking at grain Pick ups as early as next saturday...

I will let everyone know what the go is once i have confirmation from Ross.

Sqyre...

Well done Brucey. :super:

I am down to half a sack of Galaxy.

As stated earlier, I will take a stack of empty bags to Rossco's on the first day of delivery in case they are needed? :unsure:

TP :beer:

Thanks Pete,
We had a bit of a shed clean out yesterday and found about 20 empty sacks myself so between the 2 of us i think we have splits covered... B)
Renae will be using up the last of our grain today so i'm hoping the grain arrives in time for next weekend..
If not i will have to find other ways to keep her entertained all day sunday.. :huh: (thats how i ended up with 3 kids. :( )

Sqyre... :p

Ok, Ross has confirmed that the Grain will be available for pick up this Saturday. :icon_cheers:
And he has also kindly supplied the grain specs so if anyone wants a copy PM me your email address and i will forward it on to you.

Guys in my split group i will hopefully be at Ross's early Saturday Morning.( Let us know whats a convienent time for you, Ross? :ph34r: )
I think if most of us can rock up around the same time for collection the less inconvienence it will be for Ross.

If anyone wants to meet me there i will have my scales and a bunch of sacks for splits.
I have a prior arrangement i have to attend at midday so i will need to be out of there by 11am at the latest.

Sqyre.. :D

Sqyre,

I too can be there early Saturday morning (depending on the time Ross specifies), to take advantage of your kind offer of scales and sacks.

My split guys - Troydo, Bconnery & Hockadays, how are you placed?

Cheers

Latest posts

Back