• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Brisbane:19 ltr cornelius kegs, used, some near-new, readvertised

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Selling a quantity of 19 ltr Cornelius kegs for a widow as part of selling off her late hubby's shed contents.to pay off a debt she could not afford to repay without raising a certain amount of money from the sale of her hubby;s possessions.

When I advertised them previously the lady had a lot of uncertainty to deal with but now I have already been able to sell off a lot of her hubby's tools for more than she thought she would get, I have also sold on about half of the kegs at the price she was previously asking over the weekend.

OK, she has told me that I can sell them off for $70 per keg if purchasing one, $65 per keg if buying 2, or $60 per keg if buying three or more.

Personally I just want what is left gone. The aim of clearing her debt will be achieved.

Do not tell her but I just want to let them go at $60 per keg regardless of quantity purchased. I will just tell her everyone bought at least three. I think that is fair to everyone.

Kegs are currently located in Wooloowin, inner north Brisbane

$60 each
Most in as-new condition
If it needs a seal kit that is the chance you take but I think most are fine.

Contact in this thread or via private message.

Cheers

Doug

SSounds like you are going out of your way to help this lady. Good on you mate, it's a very generous thing of you to do.

Hi Doug, any chance you can post a photo?

I am interested in 2.

Thanks,

Adam.

adam77 said:
Hi Adam, I will try to get a picture of a few of them sometime today, just a few logistical issues (9.5 month pregnant daughter who could give birth any minute being one of them)

I will see what I can do for a photo but really they look just like all the other ones. A few may have a bit of very minor cosmetic damage but all are fully functional.

Cheers

Doug

kegs1.jpgkegs2.jpgkegs3.jpg
adam77 said:
Hi Adam,

Here's a few photos of the kegs, there are a few more as well al of the same quality.

Picked up some kegs from Doug today, he has plenty left, haven't pressure tested but condition seems good. No stickiness around the seals and the posts look fine. Very friendly to deal with!

fdsaasdf said:
Picked up some kegs from Doug today, he has plenty left, haven't pressure tested but condition seems good. No stickiness around the seals and the posts look fine. Very friendly to deal with!
I wish I knew a widow like that....That is an impressive stock of kegs. :unsure:

dicko said:
I wish I knew a widow like that....That is an impressive stock of kegs. :unsure:
I can introduce you if you think it would help :)

Her hubby thought they were a great investment because they kept going up in value, until they suddenly dropped. :drinks:

Black Devil Dog said:
They look like they're in pretty good condition, did they get used much do you know?
Look, that is really hard to say. I have no purchase documentation available.

But, many of the kegs do look like the new ones that were built because there was a shortage of old ones. They have all been used but look fairly new. I can speculate that they were bought close to new when the manufacture of new ones recommenced because the price of second-hand ones was high, but I have no way of proving it. As fdsaasdf said above he thought they all looked ok. Very little cosmetic damage on any of them. Fdsaasdf opened every keg he bought and each one let out a hiss when he pulled the pressure release.

Cheers

Doug

Would you freight?

I would grab 3-4 if you will.

Probably use e-go.

Cheers.

Bomber Watson said:
Would you freight?
Hi Bomber, That is an option, but not just now. Flat out busy with family as well as this at the moment. My daughter is having a cesarean birth as I type this.

I will look into it for you a bit later in the week

Doug

I maybe interested as well depending on freight cost to Bathurst. All the best for the new grand child.

Hi Bomber,

Freight to Rockhampton works out at approx $47 for three kegs and $50 for four kegs, this includes a small factor for packaging materials to ensure its safe arrival.

Let me know if you are still interested.

Hi Mitch,

Freight to Bathurst works out at approx $65 for three kegs and $75 for four kegs, this includes a small factor for packaging materials to ensure its safe arrival.

Let me know if you are still interested.

Both quotes are for E-Go.com

Cheers

Doug

Hey mate sorry about the late reply.

Sounds good I will grab four of them if still available.

Will pm you my details.

Bomber Watson said:
Hey mate sorry about the late reply.

Sounds good I will grab four of them if still available.

Will pm you my details.
Hi Bomber, I have replied to your PM. Yes at this stage I still have four not spoken for, so once I have your payment they are yours as per the details in the PM.

To all the other fence-sitters and tyre-kickers who have inquired but not committed yet, and those who are just thinking about it, - there are not enough left for all those who have inquired, and it is first in by the timestamp on the post or PM. He who hesitates is lost.

Cheers

Doug

Its looking like they may all be spoken for. Just waiting for some payments to be confirmed. no new inquiries please unless I announce someone has pulled out.

Cheers

Doug

Latest posts

Back