Bridge Road Breweries Galaxy Ipa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaffaMan

Reaction score
Was lucky enough to have the misses bring me home a new (i think limited aswell) brew from Bridge Road.
Its a single hopped Indian Pale Ale using Galaxy from locally grown hops.
I really liked this one, nice and smooth malt hit at the start and Galaxy hops make the last taste awsome.
Deffinetly heading to the brewery this weekend to have a go of this on tap.
I might be a bit biased seen as Beechworth is my hometown, but not one of Bens beers has disapointed me in the past.

Was lucky enough to have the misses bring me home a new (i think limited aswell) brew from Bridge Road.
Its a single hopped Indian Pale Ale using Galaxy from locally grown hops.
I really liked this one, nice and smooth malt hit at the start and Galaxy hops make the last taste awsome.
Deffinetly heading to the brewery this weekend to have a go of this on tap.
I might be a bit biased seen as Beechworth is my hometown, but not one of Bens beers has disapointed me in the past.

It's also at the Local Taphouse in Sydney. I could do with an IPA right about now...

It's at the local in st kilda too. Damn fine drop. Stands up suprisingly well against the feral hop hog in a head to head tasting.

was lucky enough to get some of BRB's extra hopped "experimental hop" beer last year, excellent, can this brewery do no wrong?
I had some Feral Hop Dog, just a sampler, the Local in Darlinghurst in November.It just did not cut the mustard though, oddly a half of Alpha Pale also dissapointed, but then I was squaring them up aginst what is indeed the most wonderfull beer I have ever tasted, and man, from Kurtz thats a massive call, in fact a call I thought until that night I would never make. The balance was insanely perfect, so much so that the Alpha (a long time friend of mine) seemed over attenuated and merely 2 dimensional, the explosion of fuggles and its cousin EKG lifted my head to another dimension, the rich malt brought my head back to earth and together we floated balloon like in what can only be described as an out of body experience.
K

I just had the bling ipa/reviewed it. Not impressive...

It's at the local in st kilda too. Damn fine drop. Stands up suprisingly well against the feral hop hog in a head to head tasting.
Lovely brew this! I had a few pints of it when I was at the St Kilda Local on the 29th & 30th. It took a Feral Razorback to wean me off it.

Yeah the Bling IPA aint the same as this Single Hopped Galaxy IPA.
But I would like to say that I enjoyed the Bling alot more on tap at the brewery than the bottle.

was lucky enough to get some of BRB's extra hopped "experimental hop" beer last year, excellent, can this brewery do no wrong?

Was that 'The Harvest'? I loved that one, probably a bit more so than the Galaxy IPA.
It had a mettalic green label.

Bridge Roads Galaxy IPA has to be one of the top Aussie single-hop IPAs! Feral Hop Hog is too!

Latest posts

Back