Brewology Brew Rig.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mash Head. I used to be on gas. I used boiling water infusion to step mash.

I have been adding more hardware to the rig over the last week or so. The last brew day I used a hop blocker. There was a notable reduction in trub using this.
20130811_094225.jpg

Yes I need a screen too. Are you using pellets or flowers?
My spiral burner is quiet on my small brew pot, but I suspect the monster Mongolian I have for my big pot wont be, but how else do you heat 3 -400 lt. The electricity gives a level of control that I will only dream about.
What sort of flow rates are you getting from that pump? A pump is on my list of to buy but think those will be a bit small.
Your rig looks very neat and clean.

Wow.

400lt- do you have a brew pub?

The pump is a kaixin. Aka little green pump. It is rated at 12L per minute. I haven't measured it but it pumps enough for my double batch system.

Another post cause the photo files are big.

I received my hop rocket today. Cant wait to use the mofo.
I may hook it up as a randall tomorrow after work. Need more hop flavour in the latest brew.

:)
20130813_191101.jpg
Damned side photo.

I use pellets in a homemade hop sock and just chuck the flowers straight into the pot.
I'll be swapping 0min hop additions and go pump - rocket - chiller - fermenter from now on.

brewologist said:
Wow.

400lt- do you have a brew pub?

The pump is a kaixin. Aka little green pump. It is rated at 12L per minute. I haven't measured it but it pumps enough for my double batch system.
No but hope to be able to sell my beer to the tourists one day. A lot of paper work to do before then.

Awesome Mash Head. Your gonna live the dream mate.

I would love to open a brew pub.

Some action shots from brew day today.

Dough In
Dough In.jpg

Start of Boil
Boil.jpg

Hop Back - First time using the Hop Rocket
Hop Backing.jpg

The brew rig is pretty much finished now. It was brew number three for the BB Rig and I'm hitting my targets pretty good. I'm getting around 80% efficiency so pretty happy with that.

Cheers, Beers and happy brewing to all on AHB.

Haha sitting here reading about your setup and trying to take it all in. Get to the pictures halfway through the thread and think "man, that looks really familiar..."

And then I realised I was only there today :p cheers for the fridge mate, really appreciate it!

s_t_r_o_b_e said:
Haha sitting here reading about your setup and trying to take it all in. Get to the pictures halfway through the thread and think "man, that looks really familiar..."

And then I realised I was only there today :p cheers for the fridge mate, really appreciate it!
Hey Mate,

Hope the fridge serves you well. Catch you at the brew comp for a beer or three.

Cheers,

Photo made me think that spiderman had a brew rig... If I had that much hose about the place then I would be guaranteed to trip over.

Haha, oh&s?

A brew stand is next on the list. Something I can wheel in and out of the garage and have set up nice and tidy.

That will be a few weeks away or more.

Latest posts

Back