Brewmeister 20ltr - Efficiency Settings For Beersmith

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bevdawg

Reaction score
Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone has worked out some standard info I can input into BeerSmith for my 20ltr Brewmeister?

What efficiency do most people use? It should be the same for all systems really as nothing changes?

I'd be keen to know what others put in for batch size and brewhouse efficiency (all settings) and equiptment setup?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help!

I run with a 21L batch size, and am getting 87% efficiency on a standard 5% beer. Cant help with beer smith settings though sorry

Done 3 brews now and have it sorted.
I work on 10% loss for the boil, 4% cooling loss. I also leave 4 litres behind in the BM after putting 21 litres into the fermenter. I also work on 80% eff. So I always mash in with 25 litres and sparge with about 10 litres.
I also just set Beersmith up for a total of 25 litres with no loss to trub. I only do this because from memory the old beersmith did not count the trub losses in the IBU calcs. Either way I want 25 litres after the boil and cooling so I can put 21 litres in my fermenter.
I also find that I have been cracking my grain finner and finner with no problems, just better efficiency. Although I have not used more than 5.5kg's....yet.

Steve

Done 3 brews now and have it sorted.
I work on 10% loss for the boil, 4% cooling loss. I also leave 4 litres behind in the BM after putting 21 litres into the fermenter. I also work on 80% eff. So I always mash in with 25 litres and sparge with about 10 litres.
I also just set Beersmith up for a total of 25 litres with no loss to trub. I only do this because from memory the old beersmith did not count the trub losses in the IBU calcs. Either way I want 25 litres after the boil and cooling so I can put 21 litres in my fermenter.
I also find that I have been cracking my grain finner and finner with no problems, just better efficiency. Although I have not used more than 5.5kg's....yet.

Steve
Yep i crack mine as fine as i can get it but not turning it into flour its a fine line!!!! :ph34r:

Latest posts

Back