Brewmate no chill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adjust your volume to 54litres as per recipe, add your ingredients and hops.
Then click on the 'switch grain' button, then you can change your volume to 25 litres and it will adjust your amounts to match.

Yellow boxes mean that you have the "Style Nazi" selected and that you are trying to brew something that does not conform to BJCP guidelines. The Style Nazi is programmed to enforce (ve haf vays of enforcing) BJCP style guidelines. If you want to brew something outside the styles, you can turn Style Nazi off. I often get a yellow box and raise the middle finger to the computer screen. :p

Thanks guys,
I am getting some success with it now. Still don't really know what I am doing but it is a bit of fun.
I put into Brewmate a recipe that I have been brewing and the numbers didn't come out quite right until I lowered the efficiency to around 60 even with the no chill box ticked. Sure I am boiling in a bag but I am pretty fussy with the temp and I tea bag the grain really well and get a good OG. Do you think My efficiency is that bad??

I spoke to brad smith about no chilling and he suggested to adjust the hops utilization to say 110-120% the other way is as some one mentioned already is to change the times of your hop additions.

Latest posts

Back