Brewmaster Kit Help !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazz78

Reaction score
Hi guys hoping somebody may be able to help me out !!!
Got a brewcraft kit today for a james squire amber ale, only trouble is there was no instructions :(
This is what it came as
Tin of Black rock amber mlt extract- 1.5kgs
Tin of Muntons blonde hopped malt extract- 1.5kgs
5 G golden cluster hops
Safale s-04 dry ale yeast- 11.5g Is sitting in the fridge
Corn syrup brew improver (malto dextrin) 500g says use half

Now my assumptions may be well off here and hoping somebody can correct me, I use both tins with 2 litres of boiling water ?
The 5g of hops I have no idea what to do with, guessing just drop in the the wort ?
Corn syrup I'm assuming pour in after the 2 tins and mix.
Yeast guessing pitch at about 20ish degrees

If somebody out there can make any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!

Kind regards
GC

Hi guys hoping somebody may be able to help me out !!!
Got a brewcraft kit today for a james squire amber ale, only trouble is there was no instructions :(
This is what it came as
Tin of Black rock amber mlt extract- 1.5kgs
Tin of Muntons blonde hopped malt extract- 1.5kgs
5 G golden cluster hops
Safale s-04 dry ale yeast- 11.5g Is sitting in the fridge
Corn syrup brew improver (malto dextrin) 500g says use half

Now my assumptions may be well off here and hoping somebody can correct me, I use both tins with 2 litres of boiling water ?
The 5g of hops I have no idea what to do with, guessing just drop in the the wort ?
Corn syrup I'm assuming pour in after the 2 tins and mix.
Yeast guessing pitch at about 20ish degrees

If somebody out there can make any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!

Kind regards
GC
Yes use both cans.
boil hops in about 0.5L water. boil for 2 min. turn off heat. leave stand for 10min. then strain into brew (or tip the whole thing in - it wont hurt).
safale yeast likes temp between 15-24C

hi...gc
please bear in mind i've never made that kit before...but heres what i'd do...

Put 2 litres water in a saucepan, dissolve about a quarter of a of Tin of Black rock amber mlt extract in it and heat ...till it becomes a rolling boil...then add your 5 G golden cluster hops for 5 mins (i'd add more hops if you have them up to you )...turn off heat...remove from heat... dissolve the rest of your tins in this hot liquid ...then crash the saucepan in a water bath or just top up your fermenter as per normal till you reach you desired pitch temp...ferment out at 18-20/c
hope this helps
below is a hops guide you might find handy (not my work thank bcoonery for it)

View attachment hopsguide.xls

heres a couple of other useful links
http://www.howtobrew.com/section1/chapter7.html
this is for a full boil of hops.. basically the longer you boil hops the more bitterness is produced from them ...a boil of 5-10 mins will extract flavour... a boil of zero mins (hops added to boiling water or malt extract thats been boiled as above at end of boil) is supposed to elicit aroma...

another good link
http://www.grumpys.com.au/manual.php3

cheers simpletotoro

Man you guys nail it every time ! Thanks so much for your help :D
Just another quick few Q's , with the corn syrup do I just ad that after I have put the tins into the fermenter ?
And one last Q, "he says knowing full well there will be alot more" ;) My brew room, aka the spare bedroom runs between 16-18 degrees. Is that enough warmth or ?

As always thankyou all so very much
Kind regards
GC

Man you guys nail it every time ! Thanks so much for your help :D
Just another quick few Q's , with the corn syrup do I just ad that after I have put the tins into the fermenter ?
And one last Q, "he says knowing full well there will be alot more" ;) My brew room, aka the spare bedroom runs between 16-18 degrees. Is that enough warmth or ?

As always thankyou all so very much
Kind regards
GC

mix the corn syrup in either just before you put into the fermenter ie with all the malt, wort etc or if pouring directly into the fermenter, do it slowly so it just doesnt hit the bottom/sides of the fermenter and stick.. id go with the 1st option.

room temp depends on the yeast your using and what sort of brew you are brewing. Safale-04 likes 15-24C. your largers etc like colder temps, stouts like warmer. havent done a james squire before but figure its not quite a larger so about 16-18C would be my guess.

I'd guess that your OG is about 1050 and FG1016. Alc 5.2%

Latest posts

Back