Brewing Software

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

achy02

Reaction score
Hi all,

I currently use the trial copy of Promash, I have used the trial copy of Beersmith. I really dont like the fact that Promash is in imperial measurement (maybe Im using it wrong). What do other people use? I gotta be honest with you I don't want to have to buy a program because Im as tight as the proverbial ... Any suggestions, I really just want a conversion / ratio program and a way of recording my recipes?

aches

Hi all,

I currently use the trial copy of Promash, I have used the trial copy of Beersmith. I really dont like the fact that Promash is in imperial measurement (maybe Im using it wrong). What do other people use? I gotta be honest with you I don't want to have to buy a program because Im as tight as the proverbial ... Any suggestions, I really just want a conversion / ratio program and a way of recording my recipes?

aches

This is what I've been using.

http://hbd.org/recipator/

Free and easy enough to use for simple recipes. It does calculate partial mash and all grain but I think it lacks some of the more technical bits that come with beersmith which is why eventually I'll be buying a copy of BS. If doing kits or extracts though this is perfect. Easy to set and save on metric rather than imperial.

If you know the specs for an ingredient not listed you can enter it manually. When complete, click view report. You can copy and paste that into a word doc for future reference.

Carbonation calculator for bulk priming etc is also included.

achy

If you are doing Kits & Extracts have a look at my spreadsheet Link allows you too save your recipes and also print out a brew sheet.

Will have a new version out in a few days which will include a worksheet on yeasts and will also incorporate a brewlog worksheet.

cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back