Brewing-related New-year's Resolutions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kai

Fermentation Assistant
Reaction score
Are you going to make any?

The year before last I made a simple one; I resolved to brew more beer. At the end of that year I'd brewed on average just over once every fortnight. I was happy with that. This year I put together a new electric brewery for kitchen brewing.

Next year I'm going to aim at brewing the same recipes more often, and focus on consistency as well as better fermentation management. Not so much fun as the last couple of years, but something I reckon I need to work towards.

What's 2008 going to bring to the brewing scene for you?

Brew less often, but double batches and maybe get a chest freezer!

Last year mine was to get into AG, which I did.

This year its to get a kegging setup and have at least 2 beers on tap at all time.

Mine - keep 4 taps employed, a tough job but someone has to do it B)
Double batches every two weeks.

Mine is to move my brewing and keg gear from my brother's house to my house. It's only a couple of suburbs away but it's a pain to brew over there and put keg beer into bottles for short term consumption. The only good thing is he pays for the water and electricity to run two fridges and one chest freezer!! :D

To help with the move I need to organise my shed and get some water out to it. I also want to put an extension on the house that incorporates a dedicated entertaining area with a bar.

We'll see how I go on a 2 weeks on / 1 week off fly in/fly out work roster.

Cheers to everyone for the new year. :beer:

Mine is to move from partials to AG by the end of Jan. I've got pretty much all the equipment (except a few minor parts for the mash tun), just have to stick it together.

Mine is to move from partials to AG by the end of Jan. I've got pretty much all the equipment (except a few minor parts for the mash tun), just have to stick it together.

Ditto. Gotta use up the last of the malt extracts I've got to meet the summer swill season. Beer fermentation fridge next week, temp controller by end of January. AGs from (say) February. An English brown, a swartbier, an American pale ale and then an Aussie dark lager the first four brews to be AG. Bring it on ! Kegging mid 2008 I reckon.

there's nothing like having 7 different AG beers on tap boys. Do it! Your liver may hate you but you'll have the best year ever!

Next year I'm going to aim at brewing the same recipes more often, and focus on consistency as well as better fermentation management. Not so much fun as the last couple of years, but something I reckon I need to work towards.

if i focus on anything brewing related next year (not necessarily a resolution), that would be it.
a one off good batch is nice, but knowing its a good recipe is better. cheers.
joe

Are you going to make any?

No!

new_year.gif

Never make resolutions.

Batz

After 4 or 5 years of open fermentation to ferment in a closed enviroment again, and in an acoustically insulated box so I do not have to listen to that blasted burping of the airlock, that noise turns what little is left of my brain to mozzarella..and at this time of year..it sucks!!!
I am being serious.

K

there's nothing like having 7 different AG beers on tap boys. Do it! Your liver may hate you but you'll have the best year ever!

If you are anything like me, you have a few wheats, backed up by some bitters, followed by a porter or two, then on to a belgian or so then on to a stout (in pints of course) to finish things off. Bloody kegs seem to empty at the same time!!! :angry: I guess "life wasn't meant to be easy" :rolleyes:

After 4 or 5 years of open fermentation to ferment in a closed enviroment again, and in an acoustically insulated box so I do not have to listen to that blasted burping of the airlock, that noise turns what little is left of my brain to mozzarella..and at this time of year..it sucks!!!
I am being serious.

K

Kurtzy, use the glad wrap method. It's almost closed, and no blooping sounds to be heard (and you can still watch all that lovely live action).

My resolution is to try not to drink while brewing so that I remember things like whirlfoc.

Controlled Ferm temps which means i need a fridge and fridgemate.

Also get rid of balcony brew setup (esky with braid and carrying hot water from the stove) and make a mad brewery.

My New Years resolution

To be nice to BIAB and "No chill" brewers

Well, someone had to say it :D

Cheers
Pedro

edit:
PS Almost forgot - Also be nice to those that use Fire Extinguishers for CO2

My New Years resolution

To be nice to BIAB and "No chill" brewers
Well, someone had to say it :D

Cheers
Pedro

edit:
PS Almost forgot - Also be nice to those that use Fire Extinguishers for CO2

There is a statistic about how many NY resolutions actually get carried out. I forget the number, but I recall that it is very low.

I'm glad of the Fire Extinguisher brigade - takes some heat off us NoChilling BIABers... :D

Mine are pretty basic,
Go back over a few old favourite recipes, get out of K&K and into partials, and attempt at least 1 AG recipe by the end of the year.

There is a statistic about how many NY resolutions actually get carried out. I forget the number, but I recall that it is very low.

I'm glad of the Fire Extinguisher brigade - takes some heat off us NoChilling BIABers... :D

So, on about Jan 2, things will be back to normal and NY resolutions forgotten :p

Pedro

1. Stop trying to run before I can walk
2. Organise the garage to make brewing easy
3. Concentrate on process. I want to pick one style of beer and make it consistently before I move on.

Latest posts

Back