Brewing Newby

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bathausen

Reaction score
Hey Brewers!

Have been drinking beer long enough to want to start brewing and have no experience whatsoever. I have 4 boys who love a beer - I'd love to brew at home with them as a hobby.

I've had a look online and there appears to be some reasonable brewing systems. Can anyone please provide some advice on a reliable and good quality system to start with.

cheers
Bathausen

Hi and welcome. If you don't have any bottles a Coopers brew kit would be a good start, you get everything to make a good brew including instructions. As time goes on you need to collect decent glass bottles to replace the PET (plastic ones) in the kit.
Cheers and happy brewing.

Hi Bathausen

Welcome to the world of brewing.

+1 with Grott. Best bet is to start with kit brews, grab yourself a can of coopers pale (or what ever takes your fancy). Throw the yeast that comes with the kit and grab a good dry yeast that goes with the style of beer your brewing (US05, S04 etc).

Don't dive straight into all grain or partial brew's (you can make good beer from a kit), make sure you can get the kit's down pat then move on. You don't want to chuck all grain brew's down the drain!!

Cheers Jefin

Hi Bathausen,
Welcome to the site.
I started with a Coopers kit a few years back and then stopped brewing for a long time.
Nothing to do with Coopers lol.​I purchased a new Coopers kit a few months back and I am on my 3rd brew now.
Glad to say I am back into it and I have found this forum a great place for learning.
Would love to try the All Grain one day when my wallet allows it.(I mean my Mrs hahaha)

Welcome to the forum Bathausen,
There is more info on this site than you can poke a stick at. So the search function in the top right is your friend. If you can't find what your looking for or don't understand something just ask. There are people on here at your level of brewing all the way up to professional brewers. Chances are someone will be able to help.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back