Brewing Job Available

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beersom

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just a quick notice - I have been asked by Greg to post up that The Sunshine Coast Brewery is, due to unforseen circumstances, looking for a new brewer.
So if anyone is wanting to make the jump/switch give Greg a call on 07 54766666

...as a former employee of this brewery I can say that Greg and Bridgid are great people to work for.

Happy brewing

Where you working now?

I enjoyed your beers when I was up there last year. Especially the Rauch :chug:

Kabooby :icon_cheers:

Where you working now?

I enjoyed your beers when I was up there last year. Especially the Rauch :chug:

Kabooby :icon_cheers:

I have been gone since Feb/Mar and am now at a new brewery at Mt Tamborine.

Ian,

Can you tell us about the brewery at Mt Tamborine? Many people on the forum aren't too far away.

Beersom's right about the owners being great people at Sunshine Coast Brewery, I have to move back to ole Sydney town for family - so send in a resume if you want to get into this sensational industry!

Ian,

Can you tell us about the brewery at Mt Tamborine? Many people on the forum aren't too far away.
Ah ... sure! What would you like to know?

....24hl brewhouse.... big shiny fermenters .... currently have 7 beers, with an 8th and 9th to follow soon (pils, schwartz, best bitter, imp stout, hopfenweisse, ipa, apa ....very soon= dubbel and a second ipa and some more to follow on from there)....cheese factory/shop and restaurant on site ...... open in 2-3months but beers available at a few selected venues before then. .....um ...er ....ask away!!

....24hl brewhouse.... big shiny fermenters .... currently have 7 beers, with an 8th and 9th to follow soon (pils, schwartz, best bitter, imp stout, hopfenweisse, ipa, apa ....very soon= dubbel and a second ipa and some more to follow on from there)....cheese factory/shop and restaurant on site ......

Wow that's great news, sounds like a beer geeks wet dream. Please elaborate with regards to the stout! And will you be using any belgian malts in the dubbel?

Wow that sounds great, very good news for aussie beer geeks. Tell me more about the stout please!
Far too drinkable is what the Imp Stout is. Not over the top and in your face as some examples can be.
Dangerous!

Oh you had to quote me, now my edit's blatantly obvious! I'm guessing by drinkable you're saying that it's more in the english ball park as opposed to the yanky alcohol range?

Oh you had to quote me, now my edit's blatantly obvious! I'm guessing by drinkable you're saying that it's more in the english ball park as opposed to the yanky alcohol range?
Yup, loosely inspired by Sam Smith Imp Stout-
Her name is Katya and she is 7% abv..... a little girl as far as imp stouts go .... but we love her!

....soon to come , Barrel aged Katya.

aaaand hopefully we will be using Belgian malts in the dubbel.... otherwise there are some fine subs out there.

From memory it was somewhere in the 7% range, probably the high end but it went down far too easily. Very smooth and balanced for mine.
Imperial stouts haven't been a real favourite of mine. I think brewers can forget that big beers have to be balanced just as much as small beers do.
This was not the case with this one. Very nice indeed.

indeed, the stout is delicious, and the best bitter isnt too shabby either:)

Her name is Katya and she is 7% abv..... a little girl as far as imp stouts go .... but we love her!

Me too.

Shame on you Ian, sharing Katya with my VB drinking mate, he'll never be the same again!

Im jealous of all the residents of the sunny coast. :(

Ian is now at the new Mount Tamborine brewery, which is where these mentioned beers are from...
Available already at a few places I believe but beersom might have more details.
I tried the stout at the Beer and Brewer mag launch party recently.

Yes, the stout was a great drop and from it's effects on Ross, packed quite a punch.

cheers

Browndog

Ian is now at the new Mount Tamborine brewery, which is where these mentioned beers are from...
Available already at a few places I believe but beersom might have more details.
I tried the stout at the Beer and Brewer mag launch party recently.

I firmly believe that Katya was responsible for many a wobbly boot that night, well hidden alcohol and very drinkable ;)

I vote we close this thread.

I can't stop drooling :icon_drool2:

Looks like another trip to the Sunshine Coast has to be planned

Kabooby :p

aaaand hopefully we will be using Belgian malts in the dubbel.... otherwise there are some fine subs out there.

Yeah I've tried as many aussie interpretations as I've discovered and they all seem, well, Australian... and as dissapointing as my homebrewed attempts. Maybe there's something beyond malt that I'm missing but as yet I haven't come across anything that comes close to the belgian browns, even prize winning comp versions...

If you've got any tips (other than yeast management) I'd love to hear them!

Cheers... and the barrel ageing is a massive tease...

Regards
Brendan

Back