Brewing Fathers Day Presents ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Happy Fathers Day dads.
I hope you have all done well, and got a sleep in and/or breaky in bed.

I scored a Weber BBQ (220Q) and am looking forward to lots of nice roasted meats that have previously been marinated in all manner of alcohol :p
I also got a lovely painted beer cup from my daughter.

Doc

A new baby 9 Litre keg for my Party keg .

It is Hugable

Pumpy :)

9L_keg.jpg

Squeezin in an early start brewday before the hoards arrive for a BBQ lunch, that will be fun. Brewing with a hangover is not fun however, - mutter mutter, bloody bulp, forcing me drink all those big beers, mutter mutter, grumble mutter :lol:

I'll be right by lunchtime, maybe a hair o the dog.

I got a Torch!!!! :super:
Ummmm.... to. . . ummm... find the brewery when its dark? :huh:

Sqyre.. :rolleyes:

I got Newton Faulkner's new Album B)

it goes....ummm.. in the brewery stereo :super:

Yard

Squeezin in an early start brewday before the hoards arrive for a BBQ lunch, that will be fun. Brewing with a hangover is not fun however, - mutter mutter, bloody bulp, forcing me drink all those big beers, mutter mutter, grumble mutter :lol:

Don't worry screwy, I'm in the exact same situation - brewing fathers day morning with a hang over - least the misses is keeping the kids away :rolleyes:

SWMBO reckons it should be renamed "Farters Day", I'm expecting some charcoal tablets :rolleyes: .
Might have something to do with hefeweizen consumption last nite.

I got a beer gun and a coaster my daughter made in preschool.

Cheers,

JJ

Got a beer tshirt and a coffee percolator with built in timer. Nothing better than waking up to the sound of coffee brewing!

a coaster my daughter made in preschool.

Those things are priceless on the wall of your bar 30 years on mate. Have some works of art on our walls from our daughter and her son (grandson), not bad either as they're both right brained :lol:

Brewing with a hangover is not fun however, - mutter mutter, bloody bulp, forcing me drink all those big beers, mutter mutter, grumble mutter :lol:

mmmmmmmmm big beers, woke up fine Screwy, had some nice beers to dream about, mmmmmmm vanilla stout mmmm

I got some beautiful artwork from my daughters bloody priceless and i also got two dirty big bags of grain baby yeah for my yet to be completed brewery which reminds me back to the shed.

September is father's day followed by birthday in a few days for me so this year I have scored big in the brewing department...

Mashmaster Mill :) I got this as an early present the other week and did a trial run (Well, I had too really didn't I ;)...). Brilliant.
I won't bother automating it as it works so easily. Dodgied up some guards as per the design floating around on here and away it went.

Mashmaster weldless thermometer for the mash tun.

Drip tray, exact dimensions and type still under investigation...

And to make brew days go even better a mixed box of Meantime and Moa beers :icon_drool2: including a Meantime glass

Plus my dad grabbed me some Meantime and Bridge Rd and Northern Rivers beers too...

I love September :)

A benchtop drip tray to suit my four pour font and a stainless mash paddle from the missus (read I shopped for myself :D) and a torch from the boy and a WD-40 handy pen from the daughter. Pancakes for brekky and being jumped on at 6.30 am and squeezed half to death with fathers day hugs, good day all round really so far...

Off to see my old man for a barby lunch with a keg of APA, some prosciutto and prawn kebabs and some MSA rib fillet.... :icon_drool2:

I scored myself another keg. How did they know?:rolleyes:

1/2 doz brew books (got them early) and today a got a 5 litre glass growler/flagon/carboy to play around with some small batch experiments! Brekky at a time I wanted (10am not 7am!!). Been a good day, now just want the saints to beat Geelong and its been perfect B)

A 30 lt Roband urn, god bless their little cotton socks. :)

Cheers, Andrew.

Hey Doc,

Bugger the meat - rauchmalt!

looking forward to lots of nice roasted meats that have previously been marinated in all manner of alcohol :p

I received a nice selection of craft and imported beers from my daughter :wub: and a hand made stubby cooler from my son :wub:

DSCF0777.jpg

A sign for the brewery!
The kids (and other half) made it for the brewery, its done up on a canvas frame with the wooden letters (from bunnings I think) painted by the kids.

That and also brewtime, my third AG. :D

Daughter and Son are both putting money in our account, so I can spend it buying grains and hops.

Latest posts

Back