• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Brewing Equiptment

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Craphaus in all her minimalist glory. I love her to bits. :wub:

dsc01967rw0.jpg

As much as I admire high tech home breweries... my personal ethos is I see mine as a tool rather than a computer. Makes me feel like a craftsman. :lol:

Warren -

Were did you get your big Sack from Wazza..... :p

rook

Yeah... sorry about the hijack...

The kettle is way stable. The tyres are actually on early VW Beetle rims. The burner sits perfectly in the top one.

The "blackened scorch mark" is actually the black soil around here. And you may be able to see the fence post behind the setup. That's the actual property line. Behind that are empty blocks, and a driveway that looks like a cricket pitch ;)

And correct, I'm a crap gardener, and a crap fence builder... :lol:

jdsaint - I hope you end up getting some of your stuff sold. Sorry to hijack a well n truly hijacked thread but...BONJ!!!!!! :blink: how stable is that kettle sat on top of the tyres? Hope the blackened scorch mark on the grass isnt from it all toppling over?

Cheers
Steve

P.S. I take you arent much of a home gardener either :p

I second the suggestion to meet up with people.

Thirded! :)

I thought I was at least 6 months off going all grain last November

I was invited over by SAH (aka Scott) to watch / help with a brew in mid december

And that was really the catylst for me to take the leap - it really de-mistfied the whole process

I took a week off over xmas and new years and basically built my brewerery

Found a 25L alluminium pot at my grandparents place - My HLT

Got a 44L esky for xmas - built a manifold will SS tubing and brass fittings and a ball valve

Also got a marga mill

Modfied a keg

Ordered a nasa burner - from globe importers

Put in an order with Craftbrewer and NNL supplies for various bits and pieces

Bought a cube

And put down my first AG on January 6th

Watching a batch being done is invaluable - not for just understanding how the process works but picking up tips and tricks

Cheers

Were did you get your big Sack from Wazza..... :p

rook

Just hanging my re-useable condom out to dry Rook. Size does matter. :D

Edit: Sorry mods/readers I just realised I put this post in the wrong thread. Any chance of having my two posts sent to the How Hi Tech is your Brewery thread Doh!! :blink:

Warren -

Back