Brewie or similar for small batch recipe testing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone used a Brewie or any other small volume, automatic all grain system for recipe testing?

As an all grain brewer my system is a 40L, 3 vessel herms (home made). It is labour intensive and consistently makes great beer, but I want to experiment with recipes much more and can’t possibly drink it all if done in 40L batches.

Plus for recipe testing I need to set and forget it so it happens while I’m at work.

The Brewie seems to fit the bill but it isn’t cheap. Anyone have Brewie feedback or other less expensive fully automated small batch options they’ve used ?

Had a look at The Brewie website and i have to say it looks like a very expensive kitchen appliance. For the money you would have to spend i think you would be better off with a Braumeister, Grainfather or somthing similar. I use the grainfather and make some great 19L batches for my kegs. The beer and brewer magazine has a gerat article on the subject, page 78, spring addition.

Grandfather with the small batch pipe work or just go BIAB.

Aamcle

Latest posts

Back