Brewhouse Updates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your right about the Pils Snowy.
Not a massive Pils fan at all (most have a metalic taste), but these guys have it right in my books. Nearly as good as their Amber Ale :chug:

Dropped in yesterday with Wifey.
Golden Ale 3% - Not bad. Didn't have to drive so only had one to try.
Pils - yum
India Black - Liked it better than last time. Would again - unique.
Up ya Kilt Scottish Ale - Farkin noice!!! Not over the top like some. Balanced flavoursome.

These guys are such good value, around $3.50 a pot.....hope they get the reno's done soon, place is a dump.

There is a Marzen on tap now. Didn't get it because I didn't see the label before ordering a Scottish ale, but my mate got one and says its alright.

These guys are such good value, around $3.50 a pot.....hope they get the reno's done soon, place is a dump.

Yeah, I saw the reno application sign in the car park when I was there last. The place does need a good going over, but it IS much better now than the day I went after hearing that it was the "new Brewhouse" and BPA was back on tap.

I'm about due for a visit!

hefe ...wow delicious! Served too cold, but I waited. Very more ish when it warmed a little.
mouthfeel was perfect, which I think can really make or break this style.A proper well done weizen here!
Sorely missed the last of the black IPA. That was killer, bring it back!

I saw on stalkbook that they are aiming to have it on tap by next weekend..

I had their Hefe Thursday arvo to kick off my city pub crawl. Good Brew!

Hell yes, been waiting a while for the bock to come back.

The Brewhouse has become my favourite place latelyy, I was there Friday, Saturday, and Tuesday nights. The hef is great as is the bock but my favourite drops by far were the small batch black ipa, irish red, and the wit. Dare say I will be floating back there some time this weekend.

They have a Wit on tap now. It's pretty tasty. So is the foot long bratwurst hotdog. Om nom.

They have a Wit on tap now. It's pretty tasty. So is the foot long bratwurst hotdog. Om nom.

Hi Liam, thanks for the feedback. This is the second Wit, and hopefully more to come, which I did with Sim. Sim was good enough to source hard-to-find-Seville-oranges for the citris peel and Indian coriander seeds. Whe had quite a difficult brewing day with all the unmalted grains and ended up with a nice Wit, propably pushing the boundaries with the spice additions.

A new Porter went on tap today, done with cacao nibs, bourbon vanilla beans and a touch of lactose. This porter is rich and quite sessionable at 5.5% ABV. When making this beer I had a Mocha in mind and ended up with a beer tasting like iced coffee.

Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming.

Cheers

Johann

The Porter sounds awesome Johann. The Paddy's Porter was delish. Will make it there soon. Any other small batches making their way to the soon mate?

The Porter sounds awesome Johann. The Paddy's Porter was delish. Will make it there soon. Any other small batches making their way to the soon mate?

I don't know when the next small batch of beer will be done. There is very limited tank space at the moment. When I get ahead sometime, I would like to do a Dunkel Weiss and Amber ale.
Cheers

Sipping on the porter now. You're right it's more sessionable than the last one. More 'chocolatey' too if that's a word. Nice deep red colour at the edge of the glass.

Latest posts

Back