Brewhouse Updates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dropped in last weekend for a sit down after a hard day in and out of bike shops! Tough life... ;)

Really enjoyed a late arvo sit down, read the paper, had some chips which were great, although the sauce could use some work (too fluid, didn't stick to the chips).
The BPA was great. Should have had the pilsner first (rookie error) and the Stout was a really nice finish.

Thanks for doing what you do B_Chan.

Ebo

Anyone know whats on offer this weekend?
Last time I was there, White Rabbit was advertised but not actually on tap (nor was the bock <_< ).

Yeah, still not on. Still advertised on the walls. The only new addition is Little Creatures Brown Ale.

BPA is presently available in bottles for $15 a sixer.

Also, it's a brand new batch, much nicer than the previous one! Dryer with a cleaner hop character.

The new BPA is now on tap. I hope you'll enjoy it much more than the previous batch. It's good!

The new BPA is now on tap. I hope you'll enjoy it much more than the previous batch. It's good!

So what is on tap now Brendan?
(other than the mega-swill of course)
More taps installed yet?

Nothing new since the LCBA. The Scottish is ready to go on, but waiting for the new taps to be hooked up, need a couple of fittings, it may take some time...
Although, the Bock should be on very soon (to replace the stout).

Still no Bock on tap??? I was worried I would miss it being in Seattle. Hoping its on soon as I'll be back soon.

Bock went on tap yesterday, it's a lot dryer than it was at the old Brewhouse, and the yeast has made itself quite apparent, but still pretty nice. 2 different signs depicting Alcohol content: 6.5 and 7.1, it's actually 7.2%.

LC Brown ale is off, and White Rabbit White Ale is on.

I should be dropping in for a few pints next week when I head over to QLD for the Moto Trials Champs at Thunderbird Park in Mt Tamborine :D

I managed to drop in and sample the bock yesterday. It wasn't quite as full on as I remembered, not as malty sweet. Still a nice beer and it remains my favourite of the brewhouse beers.

Also tried the white rabbit white ale. I think they're still having some quality control issues. I tasted a promo bottles a few months ago before it was officially released and really enjoyed it. Then over the last month I've sampled a few instances of bottle/tap and it hasn't lived up to that first taste.

Dropped in again today for a stab at the bock, schwarz and a read of the paper. The bock was ok if a little muted for my tastes but I have grown used to the big german bocks over winter so my expectations were a bit off maybe? The Schwarz was very enjoyable, nice smooth drinking lager. But black. The way it should be IMO.

Too bad the decent poker crowd were all drinking coke and swill...

Cheers
Ebo

Woo Hoo! I was there yesterday afternoon and enjoyed either a 'Taffy Bock' (tap name) or a 'Taffinator Dopplebock' (on the blackboard). Tasted greeat though it seemed about another beer's worth expolded and overran the glass in foam while it was tapped.

Have to get back for some Scottish!

I might get down for lunch on Saturday if I get my sh*it-in-the-one-sock. Anything new on Brendan?

Enjoyed lunch at the Brewhouse today. Had a Schwarz & a Taffinator while the wife had a couple Up Your Kilts. other Brewhouse beer they have is Starlager, Sunshine Honey Wheat, and BPA. Didn't see the Midnight Stout except on the menu for the stout pie.

Sorry I didn't get back to you Perry, been a bit busy!

They swapped the stout for the bock, once the bock is gone, stout will be back... hopefully I'll be brewing another stout soon.

You like the Scottish?

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back