Brewhouse Efficiency

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderchild

Reaction score
hi Group,

have just done my 3rd AG this time using beersmith which had my efficiency set at 70%.

I have taken all my numbers and am wondering how I best calculate my real efficency for future brews?

TC
:D

hi Group,

have just done my 3rd AG this time using beersmith which had my efficiency set at 70%.

I have taken all my numbers and am wondering how I best calculate my real efficency for future brews?

TC
:D

Maybe a silly question TC but have you clicked on "brewhouse effciency" in beersmith and punched in your specs. OG, FG etc etc. Then you will determine your actual efficiency..

you will find brewhouse efficiency when you open a recipe

Maybe a silly question TC but have you clicked on "brewhouse effciency" in beersmith and punched in your specs. OG, FG etc etc. Then you will determine your actual efficiency..

you will find brewhouse efficiency when you open a recipe

Not a dumb question, new to beersmith thanks..

Not a dumb question, new to beersmith thanks..

Just remember that brewhouse efficiency is not the same as extraction efficiency.

You might get 80% extraction efficiency out of the mash tun, but brewhouse efficiency is based on both extraction efficiency from the mash tun, and other losses such as trub losses, losses to chiller etc.

Sam

Latest posts

Back