Brewery Labels And Signs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think Ken has anything to worry about.

All those multi-million deals with Andale should add a bit of value to the name when Millers wants to buy, sue for it, or in some other way acquire it ;)

Post an ad using the name somewhere and you'll pretty much secure rights to the name in SA, at least.

batz...bigd - u have it all wrong...

u open BrewInn Franchises - ie BrewInn Bullsbrook, BrewInn Brisbane, etc...

Then pay me the royalties....

GMK said:
GMK Enterprizes , has it's hand out again

Your not Scottish are you Ken

Sorry Stu

Batz

Batz said:
GMK said:
GMK Enterprizes , has it's hand out again

Your not Scottish are you Ken

Sorry Stu

Batz
Batz...

That MUST be a compliment for Wee Stu.... :rolleyes:

It's all right guys, everyone knows I am really Lithuanian. Isn't that right PoMo?

PostModern said:
As Lithuanian as my sporran, Stu.
;)
There's a little bit of Lithuania in lots of us PoMo - admittedly I have to go back two generations to a Grandparent who died before I was born.

Moral of the story, never judge a book by the cover.

Or a GMK beer by the label (excellent though the labels might be :p )

The other thing when using the name you have registered you may starat a paper trail which may lead the to th taxation dept wanting to visit you as you have a business name you are using and not paying any taxes. That paper trail might start with whom you are abuying from as they will not BrewInn Barossa on an invoice or similar and it doe snot exist.

Mt Two Cents

jees that s#^&* me to tears, a bloke comes up with a good or original idea and the law says stiff s#$& sunshine he has more money and better lawyers to argue the point in court (eg) and the battler once again has to take it in the arse!

datfrog said:
Kenny's used to it. He He He
You Wish Datfrog... Heheheheh

U only need a ABN number if your turn over is over 50,000 a year.

Mine is no where near that - probably because i sell to you guys too cheaply and give u great deals....

So what i do is classed as a hobby - at the moment..

.No HONEY it is not an OBSESSION!!!! :ph34r:

50 k.chicken feed for what the north and east have lined up for you ken.betta get ya abn # ready ;)

spog said:
jees that s#^&* me to tears, a bloke comes up with a good or original idea and the law says stiff s#$& sunshine he has more money and better lawyers to argue the point in court (eg) and the battler once again has to take it in the arse!
I assume you're talking about the right to names? It's not always the case that the big company wins:

Hungry Jacks are so named in Australia because "Burger King" was a registered business name - a mum and dad burger shop in Victoria. They refused to sell the name, so the Burger King chain had to trade under another name until the little shop owners ceased the business name, which they had every right to continue trading under.

btw, wee stu, I was just having a dig. A kipper is a herring after all!

Back