Brewer's Heart Break

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know how you feel, I dropped my erlenmeyer a few days ago..

That's why I ditched my bottle tree & moved to storing bottles upside down in milk crates. That & the fact that milk crates are easily stackable & give me somewhere to stand so I can see in my HLT while I'm filling it up. They're also given away for free outside most supermarkets.
Milk crates for storage and bread crate as a draining rack, both available 'free'.

I know how you feel, I dropped my erlenmeyer a few days ago..

Dropped mine a few weeks back. 2L erlenmeyer into a full sink of water, just sat on the surface, tipped over and shattered the neck. :(

Dropped mine a few weeks back. 2L erlenmeyer into a full sink of water, just sat on the surface, tipped over and shattered the neck. :(
aye it sucks, but it's a good opportunity to upgrade to a larger size

Where can I get a 3L flask?

http://www.grainandgrape.com.au/advanced_s...6e794f05f75d502

Brewer's heartbreak was close today. Moving a fermenter I bumped the tap. 27 litres of hopeful grand cru started reducing in volume and aquainting itself with my floor. The only spare fermenter I had to rack into already had a leaky tap and wasn't sanitised (thanfully clean though).

As I was trying to work out what to do, I noticed more oatmeal stout on the floor than usual - that's right, bumped another tap.

Fortunately I was able to sanitise the second fermenter and rack into it and back to the first (with now fixed tap) and only lose 1 litre. Oatmeal stout tap was easy to re-tighten.

Losing beer is heartbreaking but saving it is heart warming.

http://www.grainandgrape.com.au/advanced_s...6e794f05f75d502

Brewer's heartbreak was close today. Moving a fermenter I bumped the tap. 27 litres of hopeful grand cru started reducing in volume and aquainting itself with my floor. The only spare fermenter I had to rack into already had a leaky tap and wasn't sanitised (thanfully clean though).

As I was trying to work out what to do, I noticed more oatmeal stout on the floor than usual - that's right, bumped another tap.

Fortunately I was able to sanitise the second fermenter and rack into it and back to the first (with now fixed tap) and only lose 1 litre. Oatmeal stout tap was easy to re-tighten.

Losing beer is heartbreaking but saving it is heart warming.

I dare you to introduce two young children into this scenario... "Jamie, quick, pass me that spray bottle!". "Which one? This one? This one daddy?" "YES! LUKE, close that tap off!! Jamie, don't put your finger in there! Luke, SHUT THE TAP!@!"

Back