Brewer's Heart Break

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing_Brad

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share my latest brewing mishap!

223264_10150239706558829_646173828_8715909_4738780_n.jpg

Note to self: don't store bottles up high!

Cheers,
Brad

What a mongrel that would have been to clean up. You'll be finding little bits of glass for months to come.

Brewer's heart break would have involved all the bottles being full.

Ouch - at least they were only empties! I immediately assumed it was over-carbing by the title.

I still have glass marks on the mirrors, and bottle caps in the roof. Nothing like a 2am wakeup covering the tv with a blanket while the bottles explode.

i feel for you mate. i bet youd just cleaned and sanitised them to, all the shitty work for nothing. dont walk near there with bare feet, guaranteed in six months time when youve completely forgoten about it a big shard will lodge itself in your foot and break off halfway out when you try to extract it.

To make matters worse, this just happened to my dinner!

228465_10150239727323829_646173828_8716065_3378321_n.jpg

I'm off to bed! Tonight is cursed!

Geez, you'd better keep your head down old mate. These things come in threes...

As a safety precaution I think you need to go out & purchase a keg system..

Cheers

Paul

It's a sign - start kegging :chug: :chug:

That's why I ditched my bottle tree & moved to storing bottles upside down in milk crates. That & the fact that milk crates are easily stackable & give me somewhere to stand so I can see in my HLT while I'm filling it up. They're also given away for free outside most supermarkets.

Back