Breweries Newcastle NSW for bux party

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsupraboy

Reaction score
Hey guys. Was wondering are there any good breweries or of the top places for a bux party in Newcastle nsw

Murray's is up the road in Bobs Farm, well worth the trip
Grainfed Brewing is in Newy, but I'm not sure if they do tours
The Grain Store, Albion Hotel and The Hop Factory are some great joints for good beers in Newcastle

Murrays would be the go, as they have a huge outdoor BBQ type area, but not sure what opening hours are. Would be worth enquiring. Plus you'd need heaps of dedicated drivers or hire a bus.

The Hop Factory has a huge range but is over priced to buggery and only does those schmiddie glasses, as well as being a fairly small venue as are most of the "boutique" shops on Darby Street.

The Albion welcomes functions according to website and has accommodation.

I'll be hitting the turps in Newcastle with a buddy tomorrow and will take notes and report. :)

Grain store is good for tap selection (East end), Blind Monk as well (Beaumont street) there's a place called slice golf bar or something, on King st near the cinemas (near Darby street)... tap selection isn't crash hot- the do have lcpa though and that virtual golf caper is a bit of fun (I've found that it does't factor in slice so much so happy days).

Then there's Murrays if you organise a mini bus, their pizzas are so good as well.. nice and thick. As an aside former Murrays head brewer Shawn Sherlock is opening up a brew pub a few doors down from the golf bar, not sure when it opens though.

Currently in the Albion having a booze free 15 buck lunch. About 5 craft on tap and several areas that would be good for partying.

Potters Brewery, north of Newie at Nulkaba, near Cessnock (Wine country, Hunter Valley).

Great beer, and food, and accom, and they do hen's nights (so could be worth a look, if you can synch with some ladies' night out?)

Latest posts

Back