Breweries In Beijing?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercs Own

blabla
Reaction score
I am off to do the Great Walk To Beijing and raise some money for cancer research and treatment (shameless plug regarding sponsoring me - you still can! go to www.greatwalktobeijing.com and click on sponsor a walker and then click on my photo and sponsor me) now here comes the thinly veiled attempt to make this a real pub posting - does anyone know - if there is - or of a brew pub in Beijing??

I remember a few years back there were quite a few Aussie brewers going over to China to set up little brew pubs but did any last?

I have my camera on the ready and taste buds too.

Cheers

Ratebeer is your friend! Link

The Tree looks nice... doesn't look too promising for brewpubs though.

if your hoping for craft beer in a local brew pub in China your might be waiting awhile. there are a few smaller regional brews are arn't bad. I use to like Dali Dark at 8.5%

I am off to do the Great Walk To Beijing and raise some money for cancer research and treatment (shameless plug regarding sponsoring me - you still can! go to www.greatwalktobeijing.com and click on sponsor a walker and then click on my photo and sponsor me) now here comes the thinly veiled attempt to make this a real pub posting - does anyone know - if there is - or of a brew pub in Beijing??

I remember a few years back there were quite a few Aussie brewers going over to China to set up little brew pubs but did any last?

I have my camera on the ready and taste buds too.

Cheers
Come on ! Do the wall towing an Esky, full of beer of course. Now thats what Aussies would do.I would sponsor that.Any way I will pop some money in, have a "GREAT WALLk".
GB

make sure you buy the formaldehyde free beer

I kid you not

Hi Paul,

Place to start is the Paulaner Brewhouse in Beijing. Located in the Lufthansa complex it does go at least halfway to a decent brewpub. They have a Caspar-Shultz 1000ltr system onsite.

Also try the Golden Hans Brewery restaurant:
Golden Hans
Address: No.141, Gangcheng Da Jie, Haigang District
Price: CNY33 per person
This is a buffet restaurant that offers a variety of barbecued-foods, fruits and its own home-brewed beer.

We know them well having put one of the groups breweries into a restaurant in Suzhou. Again a 1000ltr system.

Most of the commercial beer is best avoided. In local restaurants the usually serve 1.9% to 3.5% beers - WARM. See if they have any Tsing Tao with the gold foil cap. This can be 4.0% to 4.5%.

Major (western) hotels usually have a few interesting imports too. Avoid cheap rice wine and just enjoy drinking your Chinese hosts under the table with whatever they serve at a banquet. Gumbay to your hearts content because they will be falling about after the second bottle while you are still figuring out if the beer has any alscohol in it...

And BrissyBrew, there are well over 500 micro breweries in China last time we checked. Very vibrant industry.

Cheers,

Wes

Dali Dark

Is this something to with Salvador Dali
A reference to one's daily ablutions
or some sick pun about The Terrorist The Dalai Lama

Is this something to with Salvador Dali
A reference to one's daily ablutions
or some sick pun about The Terrorist The Dalai Lama

...wasn't that one of those shit stouts we tasted last night in the Lair...??

...i feel an un-lucky door prize raffle coming on with all the unopened ones...

...Cougar...

..wasn't that one of those shit stouts we tasted last night in the Lair...??

not certain but I am certain that the cat just crapped in the laundry, my crap was Dali Black this moring and that ths glass of cab sav merlot from the broadacre Languedoc region is nearly finished and I may have to open the Pope's Blouse....

K

Latest posts

Back