Brewcraft Kits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sokodan

Reaction score
Hey All

Just been researching , anyone tried the Brewcraft kits :( ?? any comments suggestions .

Thanks

Dan

I've made their Munich Lager with 500gms dextrose and 500gms light dry malt. Turned out very nice.
If I remember correctly, Brewcraft kits are made by Muntons.

Gunna do a Brewcraft Boages copy tomorrow, let you know in a month or so

Dave

I've made their Munich Lager with
If I remember correctly, Brewcraft kits are made by Muntons.

Absolutely correct, they are made by Muntons who make the best kits. I've just about finished a keg of the Newcastle Brown that came out very nicely. The colour was a bit dark for a true Newky but the taste was very good. :p

Absolutely correct, they are made by Muntons who make the best kits. I've just about finished a keg of the Newcastle Brown that came out very nicely. The colour was a bit dark for a true Newky but the taste was very good. :p
hey mate what was the recipe you used for it, i did one ages ago but cant remember what i put in it

hey mate what was the recipe you used for it, i did one ages ago but cant remember what i put in it

It was pretty simple:

Brewcraft Newcastle Brown Ale

700g LDME

300g Dex

20g Fuggles

12g Windsor Yeast

Fermented at 19c for 10 days then kegged.

The windsor added a slightly fruity taste that is probably a little too much so I think I might use Nottingham next time but it was still good.

fellow brewers,I have used the brewcraft Belgian Ale kit twice now, the first one I fermented with saf t58( in the pink packet)and after 4 days I chucked in 1 KG of frozen rasberries( boiled for 1 minute added the boilwater as well) fermented out after 8 days.its was so good that I couldnt stop myself tasting from the fermenter!I had to bottle and hide them for 8 months.I tried one last week to see how its going and its a very interesting drink!the berrie smell on the nose is very rich and colourful but in drinking its disapears to the back ground and a very beautiful sour beer has emerged! still have to wait 4 months,looking forward.
the second one I did was just as it came, using their yeast and no additives, came up very drinkable and it has ignited my passion for belgian beers!!!cheers

fellow brewers,I have used the brewcraft Belgian Ale kit twice now, the first one I fermented with saf t58( in the pink packet)and after 4 days I chucked in 1 KG of frozen rasberries( boiled for 1 minute added the boilwater as well) fermented out after 8 days.its was so good that I couldnt stop myself tasting from the fermenter!I had to bottle and hide them for 8 months.I tried one last week to see how its going and its a very interesting drink!the berrie smell on the nose is very rich and colourful but in drinking its disapears to the back ground and a very beautiful sour beer has emerged! still have to wait 4 months,looking forward.
the second one I did was just as it came, using their yeast and no additives, came up very drinkable and it has ignited my passion for belgian beers!!!cheers

I've wondered about adding fruit to beer, could you cheat and add Ribena syrup?

Brian

Ribena syrup would probably have preservatives in it.. which i am guessing wont be all that good for our yeasty buddies

I've wondered about adding fruit to beer, could you cheat and add Ribena syrup?

Brian
Brian

Theres another thread on this site (somewhere) that discusses useing Ribena. From memory it was a no gosd it will have aheap of sugar and just act as another fermentable. dont quote me on that though. type ribena into the search engine.

theres plenty of other threads on fruit in beers you just have to search. Im not into making belgians so I cant help direct you.

hi Brian,why add syrup if you can add the real thing?with most things the real thing ia the best and I can promise you you willbe impressed!! its worth a try maybe make two brews one with syrup and one with fruit and that might answer your question for ever........enjoy brewing the good old belgian brews.cheers amita

hi Brian,why add syrup if you can add the real thing?with most things the real thing ia the best and I can promise you you willbe impressed!! its worth a try maybe make two brews one with syrup and one with fruit and that might answer your question for ever........enjoy brewing the good old belgian brews.cheers amita

Hi amita,

I'm not up to racking for secondary level yet, was hoping to cheat in primary. I haven't tried a lot of Belgian beer, but I found the combination of tart fruit and beer fascinating, and a pleasant change. Will keep reading through the forum and will ask my LHBS for some advice.

Brian

G'day all,

Just wondering if there is any more ppl whom have used the brewcraft kits and what styles? Where and whom sells the kits? I only know of Liquorcraft(Brewcraft) online store...do G & G sell them?? I would really like to try their Beez Neez kit and a pilsner/wheat...any suggestions?

Cheers!

I did a guiness and two boags premium clone kits from brewcraft when I first started brewing. All 3 turned out undrinkable. The boags I blame on them including a saflager yeast but not mentioning anywhere that lager yeasts need to be brewed so cold. I did it in the middle of an australia summer it probably averaged in the mid high 20s. The guiness was thicker than it shouldve been (kind of like cooking oil thickness) and tasted of burnt vegemite (dunno why? possible infection i guess) . All 3 down the sink.

Not to knock them though, everyone else seems to have great results. But I didnt get a chance to try anymore as I went to AG soon after (I also found this forum and learnt what lager yeasts were :p)

Sam

edit: I did two of the boags because I thought the first was infected...not so.

G'day all,

Just wondering if there is any more ppl whom have used the brewcraft kits and what styles? Where and whom sells the kits? I only know of Liquorcraft(Brewcraft) online store...do G & G sell them?? I would really like to try their Beez Neez kit and a pilsner/wheat...any suggestions?

Cheers!

If your in Melbourne there is a brewcraft store in Richmond and one in Oakleigh, they will definatley sell what your after.

If your in Melbourne there is a brewcraft store in Richmond and one in Oakleigh, they will definatley sell what your after.

Thanks for that eddy...after seeing your post I thought maybe I should check out their website and see where they are.

I'm going to get the Beez Neez and I think the Asahi but I will see...

Thanks for that eddy...after seeing your post I thought maybe I should check out their website and see where they are.

I'm going to get the Beez Neez and I think the Asahi but I will see...
Maltaddict.... when i got back into HBing I started off doing a few clones but soon gave up as they dont end up tasting like the real beer and I found that the receipes listed on this site are much better (and even the clone receipes are better on this site). There are a few retailers that recomend their clone pack (MHB recons his Kilkenny is a big seller), so a few are probably quite good. Im just not wrapped with brewcrafts clones.

The clones will at least give you an idea about your brewing technique (if they turn out simlar then you know your doing ok). the only problem is that your trusting the HB shops to decide what ingredient combine to taste like a cxommercial beer, I recon just start brewing receipes off AHB.

I've used their products (particularly the Brew Enhancers) a number of times, and they usually turn out quite well.

In fact, one of my first brews was the Czech Pilsener, and it turned out splendidly (still have 7 bottles, bottled early January, I'm waiting until Chrissy to drink them, 12 month old beer). I've just bottled another one with a slightly different recipe (using a pack of fermentables from my LHBS and 25g of Saaz rather than their kit converter #62, and Saflager W34/70 yeast), and I have high hopes for it.

One thing I've noticed with both of those Pilsener kits is that they're very cloudy when bottling (and I leave them in the fermenter quite a while). Clears up after a while, though I have two bottles in my shed that were VERY cloudy when bottling, maybe I should've just called it a day after 52.

I don't use the full clone kits with everything, IMO, if you're aiming to perfectly replicate a commercial beer, you're often going to be disappointed and notice any differences.

Oh, we got a very respectable easy drinking beer from the Aussie Bitter kit converter and a Castlemaine Lager kit.

Latest posts

Back