Brewcraft Jsaa Alc %

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d3vour3r

Reaction score
hey all,
recently made an amber using the brewcraft JSAA kit. when i was making the wort my hydrometer was smashed, but i had bought one since and when i bottled it was 1020, was consistent for a couple days. just wondering if anyone had made this kit and what alc % they yielded.

hey all,
recently made an amber using the brewcraft JSAA kit. when i was making the wort my hydrometer was smashed, but i had bought one since and when i bottled it was 1020, was consistent for a couple days. just wondering if anyone had made this kit and what alc % they yielded.
Havnt made this , but feel your pain-I average one hydrometer per 4 brews!Broke another one yesterday.Wife is laughing at me again!!-have made a few k+ks that came out at 1020 though, so wouldnt be too worried.Hard to say without an og and ferment temp for abv-throw it in one of the calcs ons this site and you should get pretty close though.

ingredients would be a good start. 1020 for a kit seems a bit high as they normally start at 1040 and finish around 1010 but this all depends on the ingredients used and the amount of water added to fermenter so it can vary alot if you go off kit and kilo

yeh sorry ingredients were a can of Muntons BLONDE LAGER + can of Black Rock Amber Liquid Malt + 15g Brewcraft Finishing Hop Cluster (fuggles?) + US05 Safale Yeast

Back