Brewcellar English Ale Yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aren't they 7g packs? You might be better off with three (fermentis suggest two 11.5g packs).... I'm pretty sure thats the yeast that came with the coopers bavarian lager and if so can say one pack isn't enough at lager temps.

Aren't they 7g packs? You might be better off with three (fermentis suggest two 11.5g packs).... I'm pretty sure thats the yeast that came with the coopers bavarian lager and if so can say one pack isn't enough at lager temps.

Never thought of that. Just checked. Actually 6g. Well you get what you pay for :lol: Obviously no free lunches.

Better turn out ok because I'll be saving a fair whack of yeast cake.

:icon_offtopic: Guess we're getting deep into OT territory so I'll proceed!

The local Mauri factory (about here) is almost within spitting distance of my house, in fact I can hear it venting something right now (rather annoying late at night) and often the aromas when the wind is in the right direction are fairly interesting, although from time to time there's a real stale- fart naff shocker that comes over and I then wonder if they've perhaps lost one. Now, I don't know if this particular factory actually does the brewing yeasts, a lot of their product leaves in tanker semis (cream yeast?), but I'll pop in and see if they want to give me a tour and perhaps I can scab a few samples to try out. If so, I'll gladly share.

Anyway, back On Topic: Folks, again, a thousand pardons for the bum steer, I should've checked my records before posting my original reply to Rob2's query and also noticed it was "English" and not "Premium". My bad...

Anyway, back On Topic: Folks, again, a thousand pardons for the bum steer, I should've checked my records before posting my original reply to Rob2's query and also noticed it was "English" and not "Premium". My bad...

What are you apologising for? With no official response from the packagers this is all just conjecture. Just don't let it happen again ;)

Mark,

I think you will find that Premium Ale is Fermentis SO4 & English Ale is Lallamand Windsor.
They are both repackaged yeast from Morgans.

Cheers Ross

Mark,

I think you will find that Premium Ale is Fermentis SO4 & English Ale is Lallamand Windsor.
They are both repackaged yeast from Morgans.

Cheers Ross
Just spoke to Morgan's and I was wrong, as Ross said the Ale is Winsor and the Premium Ale is S-04.

MHB

Latest posts

Back