Brew suggestions? What to put down

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could swap out the Amarillo for Citra and do a fruit salad beer. It's my next recipe ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1391603974.216171.jpg

Or at the moment I'm doing a tooheys old clone. Tastes good! Ready to bottle.
1 x Beermasters Old 1.7 lme
1kg dark dme
250g corn sugar
Us 05
14 days @ 20 c

Hey guys, thought I'd report back.

Ended up just going straight Citra, figured I should knock things back and start to figure out what different hops taste like.

Ended up going 1kg of LDME, 1.7kg tin of Coopers APA. US05. 30g of Citra dry hopped after kraussen collapsed. Day 6 or so.
Cold crashed. Bulk primed with 8g of dex/L.

Massive amounts of lace. Really light. Sweet. Bitterness is really low. Good head and overall really pleasant easy drinking. I thought it was going to taste like pasito going off the smell. But it's quite enjoyable for a hot day.

Bax said:
I thought it was going to taste like pasito going off the smell. But it's quite enjoyable for a hot day.
Aaahhaha that's Citra for you.

I have some dry hopped cider with citra that gave it a real hit of passionfruit.

What did your OG/FG end up being?

1039 and I believe it was 1010 when I put it into secondary to help clean up.

Exactly what the spreadsheet said.

I'm actually quite impressed, for the first trial at just dry hopping a pale ale to start figuring out what I do/don't like about particular hops, it turned out quite drinkable compared to others.

cStZ8Y8.jpg

iU477Bk.jpg

Latest posts

Back