Brew Stand Issues, Suggestions?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mschippr

Reaction score
Hi there brew squad,

I have just moved to full mash brewing (previously BIAB) and am having an issue with my current 2 teir brew stand (it folds down for storage). It seems that the mashtun is not low enough to get adaquate flow from the HLT. I tried my first full mash a month ago and couldnt fly sparge without lifting the pot about 10cm, which was not an easy task. I am after suggestions on how i can improve the current design without starting from scratch.

My thought was to lower the mashtun stand section and leave it at that, or get a march pump but that is a rather expensive fix.

Thanks,

IMG_0168.JPG

yeah i'd just lower the mash tun section a bit. I'm assuming that you would be putting your boiler on the ground to drain into from your esky? If so, then the obvious thing to check would be if you lowered your mash tun frame that you've got enough clearance to get it into the boiler.

nath

+1 to Nath's post.

Lifting your HLT/Burner setup would be a more complicated move.

yeah i'd just lower the mash tun section a bit. I'm assuming that you would be putting your boiler on the ground to drain into from your esky? If so, then the obvious thing to check would be if you lowered your mash tun frame that you've got enough clearance to get it into the boiler.

nath

Hi guys,

Thanks for that. Usually i drain into a few buckets/fermenter and dump it back into my pot once the sparge is over. Now i just need some time to lower the mash tun, maybe ill get some time during the christmas holidays. ;)

Back