Brew Rig Options

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A cellar you say, hmm put that in the things to do list...

Update.

Thoughts on suitable Fonts? How many Taps , types of taps? Pictured is a cheapy.

332107_10150798684610187_710495186_20794428_2042968610_o.jpg

With the volume of your brewery batch size, I would imagine large volumes of fewer beers at your place? As such fewer taps?

Ideally you would surely want at least 4 taps though to cater for a range of beers depending on what you feel like after work each night?

4 taps would be good I think too, I still hope to be able to brew 50 liter batches. What's the go with taps ? Brands? Yeah slab come up good, was slow cutting with the jigsaw though.

4 taps would be good I think too, I still hope to be able to brew 50 liter batches. What's the go with taps ? Brands? Yeah slab come up good, was slow cutting with the jigsaw though.

Damn those blades for bending and base plates for flexing going around corners! I see it has done that slightly on the round corners (so that the edge is not completely 90 degrees i.e. slightly undercut. I have had some shockers with this problem.

What taps are best seems to be like asking, what car should I buy?
Two are standouts in my mind.
Perlicks are a great tap that are simple and easy to pull apart for cleaning and maintenance, if this is your choice go the stainless steel ones. They are forward sealing so there is less area of residual beer exposed to air.
Some folks reckon that Celi's are the ducks nuts because they have a flow control adjuster for easy balancing of different beers. http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=1031

Then you have to ask yourself, do you want a cooled font tower with a glycol chiller and recirculating pump?

Then you have to ask yourself, do you want a cooled font tower with a glycol chiller and recirculating pump?

I think we know the answer to that question already ;)

Perlicks seem to be de rigueur at the moment.
http://www.homebrewstuff.com/kegging-co2-a...aft-faucet.html

I don't know how they play with fonts though, or which fonts.

Very nice looking setup.

Thanks mate, they are a nice looking tap. Reasonable Price too.

Damn those blades for bending and base plates for flexing going around corners! I see it has done that slightly on the round corners (so that the edge is not completely 90 degrees i.e. slightly undercut. I have had some shockers with this problem.

What taps are best seems to be like asking, what car should I buy?
Two are standouts in my mind.
Perlicks are a great tap that are simple and easy to pull apart for cleaning and maintenance, if this is your choice go the stainless steel ones. They are forward sealing so there is less area of residual beer exposed to air.
Some folks reckon that Celi's are the ducks nuts because they have a flow control adjuster for easy balancing of different beers. http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=1031

So Stainless Perlicks seem to be the way to got then.
Your right the 150mm blade on the jigsaw did have some flex, nothing a good belt sanding wont square up though.

I think we know the answer to that question already ;)

haha your on to it. If I can over complicate it, I certainly will.

A great place to get Perlick's and the ss shanks etc to go with them is http://www.farmhousebrewingsupply.com/

Remember to email the guy for a custom quote on shipping as his website is whacked :)

Probably cost you 40% of what it would cost to buy here

mate, love the shed, insulation in the walls - no one will hear the screams. :lol:
im showing those pics to the missus, make it alot easier for my building approval.

mate, love the shed, insulation in the walls - no one will hear the screams. :lol:
im showing those pics to the missus, make it alot easier for my building approval.
Ha , just need a shiny dance pole and its done.. I hope it helps mate, I've heard they can be harder to deal with than the council.

Guys ... I have a new set up (not yet slammed together) and I have previously asked for advice as far as which part of the 3 V set up should have gretest holding capacity ...

I want to roll with a 70l HLT, 100l Mashin tun and a 100l Keggle...

The make up is - 1 x old 70l keg for HLT
2 x 50l legit s/s kegs for tun
2 x 50l legit s/s kegs for keggle

And are there any brewerson here (located in Perth) who will weld them together for me as well as attach the taps ? I have already depressurised the kegs and removed the spears ...

Please let me know if this is the best set up for a hopefully 80 lt 3V system? or should I source another keg and make the keggle 150l ?

Matt

Matt

Not sure if foolish or brave trying to hijack this epic thread looking for a welder! Suggest posting in the WCB forum.

Not sure if foolish or brave trying to hijack this epic thread looking for a welder! Suggest posting in the WCB forum.

:angry:
There was me hoping to see some sweet brewing action......

CD ... more interetsed in opinions of rig ... thought I might ask if any welders were on here at same time :) call me a multi tasker ....

My bad if I steppped outa line in a forum about big rigs ...

And I will def be dropping it on the WCB forum :) and I am hoping it is option B ... but more likely to be option A TBH ....

Cheers ...

Matt

Hey Guys,
Well there is a lot happening, the bar is almost alive just a few beer lines to run and some timber staining and finishing touches.
I'm looking for some sturdy bar stools? haven't really got time to build some any ideas?

Brewery made the 10km trip in from the farm to its new home in town. Was a big day for everyone, I think there was a tear!..aha..

IMAG0646.jpg

294398_196785343727484_112477568824929_454928_1266470680_n.jpg
-cables have been cleaned up since this was taken.

Back