Brew Rig Options

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe Nurse Ratchet came for him ;)

I forgot to mention that I'm participating in Movember.
Not only am I growing a very seedy looking Mo I also said I would shave my Afro which I have had for over 10 years if I raised over $1000, im well over $1000 so it is coming off.

All Money raised is shared equally between programs targeting prostate cancer and male depression
And as many of us have been affected directly or indirectly its a great cause.

For those interested my Movember website is Jono Williamson Movember
Note that the total money raised on the site does not reflect the actual total.

Also There will be a fundraiser BBQ at our farm for anyone in the Portland area on friday the 3rd of Dec..

Happy Brewing Related activities,
- including building wild brewing contraptions even if they never see beer. ha ha

Hey Guys,
So I raised over $1500 for Movember so the hair is gone, Been working on Brewery again as there is no swell again and maybe the hair was slowing down progress.

The old man and a mate trying to shear me with an old wind up shearer.....
162785_10150341906935187_710495186_16198262_7424824_n.jpg

69794_10150341904315187_710495186_16198176_430431_n.jpg

Noce work mate, I shaved my dreads in March & raised 2,500 for leukaemia, great feeling & some good fun

Noce work mate, I shaved my dreads in March & raised 2,500 for leukaemia, great feeling & some good fun

Well done mate, It's the best feeling, Don't think I'll be growing it back for a while...

Bump. Any updates?

sap.

Hey Hey, Yeah. I Just purchased a new house, so moving all the gear into the new shed.
Could be some time! ha..
Gee i'm glad I was never silly enough to put a time frame on this project..

STILL LOOKING FOR FERMENTERS!!
300L commercial grade and fairly cheap, well not $6000 like I was quoted..

Cheers,
Jono.

Hey Hey, Yeah. I Just purchased a new house, so moving all the gear into the new shed.
Could be some time! ha..
Gee i'm glad I was never silly enough to put a time frame on this project..

STILL LOOKING FOR FERMENTERS!!
300L commercial grade and fairly cheap, well not $6000 like I was quoted..

Cheers,
Jono.

Yeah, I know, not shiny, but

http://www.peopleinplastic.com.au/Product/...-drum-black-lid

would get you going nicely.

Tis food grade.

Im keen to see this rig in action. Come on :icon_chickcheers:

Hey guys,
Although it seems I have been a bit quiet on the Brewery front I'm still tinkering away.
Lucky I'm not paying buy the hour, or month for that matter..

Move into my new place on Wed so things will be all go from then on I hope.
Started Collecting bits for a new Grain Mill. Found a friend with a broken 80mm solid stainless prop shaft from a boat, should make a fairly solid Mill I think.

rollerss.jpg

Hi Jonothan,

I just have to say that I am so completely and utterly impressed by your ability to cut, turn and weld things into being. As a Mechanical Engineer I dream to one day replicate your workshop (complete with CNC mill... drool). The fun is in the construction and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise!

Hi Jonothan,

I just have to say that I am so completely and utterly impressed by your ability to cut, turn and weld things into being. As a Mechanical Engineer I dream to one day replicate your workshop (complete with CNC mill... drool). The fun is in the construction and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise!

Cheers mate,
The fun is in the creating for me for sure, just don't say it too loud. ha.
Won't be long now and a beer will be produced.
I can taste it..

I spent a good three hours last night going through this thread - just spotted it yesterday. This is the singularly most awesome project I have ever seen. Also very impressed with your range of skills. I'm and electronic engineer so I could probably manage the control side of things if I really had to, but I wouldn't know one end of a TIG welder from the other. Can't wait to see it in action.

I spent a good three hours last night going through this thread - just spotted it yesterday. This is the singularly most awesome project I have ever seen. Also very impressed with your range of skills. I'm and electronic engineer so I could probably manage the control side of things if I really had to, but I wouldn't know one end of a TIG welder from the other. Can't wait to see it in action.

Thanks mate,
My advice is to just give it a go, I have very little formal training other than my A grade electrical license. I'm also getting very keen to get it commissioned.

Bring on the commissioning! I have spent a good few hours (at work of course) reading this thread, watching the videos and checking out all of the photos, and I am seriously looking forward to seeing it come to life. I don't know if you're still looking for a 300L fermenter, I'm actually looking at importing some decent quality 50L stainless steel brew pots and conical fermenters to Australia, so if you're interested I can let you know how much a 300L double (or triple) walled stainless steel fermenter will set you back. Not even close to $6000 that is for sure.

I also noted your pneumatic bottle capper! Will this eventually form part of the automated production line? Now THAT would really stretch your control systems imagination!

Bring on the commissioning! I have spent a good few hours (at work of course) reading this thread, watching the videos and checking out all of the photos, and I am seriously looking forward to seeing it come to life. I don't know if you're still looking for a 300L fermenter, I'm actually looking at importing some decent quality 50L stainless steel brew pots and conical fermenters to Australia, so if you're interested I can let you know how much a 300L double (or triple) walled stainless steel fermenter will set you back. Not even close to $6000 that is for sure.

I also noted your pneumatic bottle capper! Will this eventually form part of the automated production line? Now THAT would really stretch your control systems imagination!

Hey mate,
Good to see your using your time wisely,
I'm still after some fermenters, they have to comply to AS and be pressure rated which can be difficult.
300L with cooling jackets would be great.

Ive collected bits for a automated capping and filling line, this is another project that for now is a low priority.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back