Brew Now, Drink Nye

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdack

Reaction score
Topic says it all....

Suggestions for a brew to put down now, and be drinking on NYE. I'll be putting it into a keg. My scheduling hasn't been the best lately and I've only just got back into brewing (and kegging), so I'd like to be drinking my beer on NYE.

Kit & Kilo, or Kit & Extract + Hop tea bag are my limit at the moment. I'd love to try something a bit more but haven't got the gear or the room.

You should be right to party by NYE with just about any K&K if you are kegging. Just ensure that you get whaterver your taste down ASAP. If you are after a general crowd pleeser do a tooheys draught nock off. This style dosn't mind the current temps & it will brew out in about 7-8 days. Then Keg, gas & drink :beer:
This is provided you don't want to cc or age at all. The general punters won't know and it will still be better than megaswill (just).

I put down a Blonde last Fri, Keg this weekend sometime and will be ready by Xmas :D .

Topic says it all....

Suggestions for a brew to put down now, and be drinking on NYE. I'll be putting it into a keg. My scheduling hasn't been the best lately and I've only just got back into brewing (and kegging), so I'd like to be drinking my beer on NYE.

Kit & Kilo, or Kit & Extract + Hop tea bag are my limit at the moment. I'd love to try something a bit more but haven't got the gear or the room.

If you get a Muntons kit & kilo down within the next day or two you could be drinking that for NYE. I'd suggest the Pilsner, Nut Brown Ale or IPA. 6 days in the fermenter then bottle, 12/13 days in the bottle then fridge, 1 day in the fridge then partaketh of.

I know nowt about kegging but if you can't do similar or better with a keg, why bother in the first place?

Topic says it all....

A fresh wort kit and a decent yeast and all will be good by NYE.

Cheers......

Muntons trad bitter + coopers b/e2 + own yeast or saf so4,
Coopers Canadian blonde with b/e2, 15gm fuggles boiled 10-15 min, 15gm steeped 5 mins.
Both quick & dirty, 10-14 day ferment, chill 2-5days, carb & drink.
Muntons definitely tastier, but Coopers an easy crowd pleaser (my standard for non-brewers parties).
Happy brewing,
Mark.

I would consider doing a wheat beer, they don't require the aging that some other beers do and they go well on hot summers afternoon or evening.

Kit wise, I have had good results with the Country Brewer summer wheat wet-pack kit and you can't go past a fresh wort kit.

Nothings as fast as fresh wort pack...any of the Pale beers would prolly be done by NYE

Some one was raving about the Homebrewworld ezybrew pack earlier

I have never tried a wort kit, but those muntons kits usually come right the quickest out the K&k that i have tried.

Thanks guys. I'll give one of the fresh wort kits a crack, then in the new year get into some serious brewing.

I have never tried a wort kit, but those muntons kits usually come right the quickest out the K&k that i have tried.

My Last two brews (kegged) were A Morgans blue mountain Larger K&K and then fresh wort Larger. Might have more to do with the yeasts (SafLager for the Kit, can recall right now what dry yeast I used for the Wort) but the Blue Mountain turned out better than the Wort The wort Larger has a fruity finish. IMHO Probably better to steer away from largers in these temps is more the point.

Doc_D

Back