Brew Logs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beersmith on the computer and a book made out of plastic (plastic pages and plastic koil bound) that I use in the garage with perm makers.
"The plastic book is wort proof."

Luke

good idea Ross. I thought they were different tracks but they seem to be merging.

FWIW the latest incarnation of BeerAlchemy has a log section built in.
Picture_12.png

so folk, how do you keep your brew logs? speadsheets? word documents? a dead tree book? what sort information do you keep in there?

I use a little application called QBrew for all of my formulation and logging. It's fairly basic and doesn't have all of the bells and whistles of the bigger products like Promash, but it's two redeeming features are that it is very easy to use, and it is free.

Cheers,

S.

Pen and Paper for me in a ringbinder at the moment.
Front section has some quick glance pages listing what the batch number is, name, date brewed, date bottled.
The rest of the logs are individual pages in plastic covers listing all the usual:
Batch no
Name of brew
Date brewed
Date bottled
Fermentation temp
Hops used
Yeast used
Quantity of bulk priming solution etc etc etc

I have a macintosh at home and am looking into BeerAlchemy.
Cheers
Steve

I'm just a pen and paper man.

Although I am getting sick of writing the standard headings out, so I might merge into an excel or I may even create a filemaker database.

lads,

I have been reading radical brewing and in the first 70'odd pages he offers a reasonable brew log for people whom prefer pen and paper.

you can find it on the net at radicalbrewing.com and i have attached it below as well

Cheers

MarkWS

View attachment rbws1.pdf

Back