Brew Day - Live Video Feed?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carbonator

Reaction score
Anyone done it yet?

I don't mean recording and posting on YouTube, I mean advertised a brew day and setup a live web-cam and broadcast live all day?

Would be interesting to see!

Anyone interested in doing it?

Anyone done it yet?

I don't mean recording and posting on YouTube, I mean advertised a brew day and setup a live web-cam and broadcast live all day?

Would be interesting to see!

Anyone interested in doing it?

I do this nearly every brewday!

I subscribe to a forum in USA... http://www.homebrewchatter.com and a few of us do this. CHris O'FLannigan, who owns the site started doing it, and it has really caught on. We all use Ustream, and to do the broadcast, you need to log in and set up an account, but as long as other have the url, anyone can log in, and chat. THe "Brewcaster" talks and the loggers in can see and hear everything, but can only chat in response. It's really pretty cool. My mates from the other side of the world log in and give me a hard time, but also ask and answer a lot of questions. You can also record the sessions on the UStream server.

Here's the url for when I am broadcasting: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pete-oz-brewcast

I'll let you know via this thread next time I am going to Brewcast.

It's also really cool that Oflannnigan post a big header at teh top of the site for the 6 hours that the brew day goes saying "CLICK HERE for a live brewcast from Aussie Land!!"

My mates from the other side of the world log in and give me a hard time

It's also really cool that Oflannnigan post a big header at teh top of the site for the 6 hours that the brew day goes saying "CLICK HERE for a live brewcast from Aussie Land!!"

There just jealous of our pure water and stuff!

Thanks for the info and something that would catch on with AHB members.

Could be hard to coordinate with just your sessions, but the more people here doing it and posting a link, the more chance we could all be Spys, if you know what I mean! B)

There just jealous of our pure water and stuff!

Thanks for the info and something that would catch on with AHB members.

Could be hard to coordinate with just your sessions, but the more people here doing it and posting a link, the more chance we could all be Spys, if you know what I mean! B)

Well, what I do with the USA guys, is let them know 12-24 24 hours in advance, so if they are interested, they can set aside time to tune in I usually get 8-12 viewers.

Will do the same here next time.

Yep - I like to watch...

not a lot of action there though

that seemed pretty good from what I saw of it...

we should set up an AHB ustream site...

that seemed pretty good from what I saw of it...

we should set up an AHB ustream site...

Yeah!!!! Sounds likea great idea. Immagine how usefull that would be. I'd well be up for it, not only could you show people how you brew but if your unsure on something people can tell you there and then even though they could be on the other side of the country(or the world), god damn i love the internet. If anyone is serious about this let me know and we'll talk about organising something.

Awesome, just awesome

Aaron

We had 16 out of 24 viewers at one point from AUS today!

REPRESENT!

This appeals to my exhibitionist character - I might give this a go one of these days for a BIAB demo with Spills.

This is a great tool for those who probably need to go to a live brewday to see how easy AG can be, but who haven't got an AG brewer living close to them willing to oblidge.

I too think it would be great for Aussie Homebrewer to have its own ustreamtv channel, or something similar - with a flag at the top of the site to let everyone know when a member was broadcasting a brew.

Great question Carbonator, thanks for the great info Peteoz77

TB

Brewcasting, how cool is that! Just watching some guy in the states now. Why do they insist on using those glass carboys? Havent they seen our very utilitarian plastic drums?

Brewing mate and I are firing up the brewcast at 6:30 am tomorrow.. maybe even a bit earlier.

Sorry it's on a weekeday morning, but I am off work and Rory is a school teacher, so he's on holidays.

address is : http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pete-oz-brewcast

Hope to see you there!

P.S. When you log in, type "/nick username" without the quotes.

like this:

/nick peteoz77

then your name will show up in the chat instead of ustreamer8470 or something like that.

Woke up with a spontaneous urge to go see the accountant and started preparing for a visit to lodge my 07-08 tax return. Did get on-line, but didn't remember. :(

I think an announcement as soon as you started and Bumps during the brew could have had me and others visiting.

Back