Brew Course

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmolou

Reaction score
hey i recent;ly noticed that grain and grape had a brew course offered on their website, not sure if this has been covered but is it anygood.../ has anyone done it? I've already sort of read alot about brewing and done a fair bit so I'm just wondering if its worth doing/ what'll learn

(I'm a partial mash brewer)

any advice it does sound quite tempting to do

pmolou,

Mate - I'm still very new to brewing - wonder when I'll stop saying that... I live in Brisbane, and these guys are great with courses and tastings. No courses on right now, but if you have a good look around you're sure to find a heap of demos and courses available (no doubt Melbourne is similar to Bris). They did a mini mash and an all grain demo just a couple of months ago. They don't charge - just have to book ahead. Nothing like watching someone show you how it's done - live and interactive.

Hendo.

That's the Costanzo Brewing Course. More info on it here: Costanzo Brewing Consultants

Believe the guy assisted Kooinda when they were starting out - but could be wrong. Ex-CUB brewer, Stockade, Garage Brewery (pre-Matilda Bay) and also a contract brewer.

Spoke to a guy who works at a LHBS (not grain and grape) who did the course and said it really improved his beers and was helpful for him in making the step from extract to all-grain. He was quite positive about it.

Was considering this course myself after speaking to him, but then got tight arsed and decided to join a brewing club instead - felt that getting constant feedback on my beers and processes was going to be more helpful. Still considering doing it though as the idea of brewing beers consistently the way commercials do would be a valuable thing to learn and something someone Vince might be able to give some insight on.

There is also a course at Ballarat Uni that some people on AHB have done (you can do by correspondence too I gather). Some of the good micros around town had people who came from there. Believe a new beer called 'Boat Rocker' that's available in a few places is made by a recent graduate from there. However I think maybe the Ballarat course' focus is more commercial. You'd have to check their site.

Hopper.

Latest posts

Back