Brett's Brewery In A Box

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pokolbinguy

The Pokolbin Brewhaus and Winery.
Reaction score
G'day all,

Well I am currently getting all my gear together for AG however I don't really have an area at home that is solely for brewing. Currently using the laundry but having the dog sleep in there at night and the small area it isn't really a great place to try and keep things clean etc. Garage is too disorganised as well.

So the idea is to build a "Brewery in a box" that is self contained and can be closed up and left when not being used. This can then be put the garage when it is sorted and in the mean time can live on the veranda.

It must have:

- a sink.... going to be a laundry tub - second hand .... they are dirt cheap
- Water on tap... will be feed via hoses connected to the taps feeding the washing machine... only 5m away. If I put it in the garage I will have to sort out that issue then. There is a sink already in there just have to sort plumbing
- Shelves - for storing all sorts of stuff
- SS bench or similar... maybe a kitchen bench etc... so i can wash brew gear etc
- Drying rack for small equipment like measuring jugs, hydrometer etc - mounted on wall like a laboratory rack
- Space for HLT, Mash tun and kettle
- Somewhere to mount heat exchanger and filter
- Doors... removable - will use hinges that you find on wardrobes

- A mini fridge would be good aswell... to keep yeasts etc in... this is an extra... may make a space and install later if really needed.

So after thinking about this I have come up with the following design... any suggestions and feedback would be great.

Cheers, Pok

Front_view.jpg

Side_View.jpg

You just need an extra little garden shed pok, that would do the trick!

You just need an extra little garden shed pok, that would do the trick!

True... but the cost of the slab etc would be a litte high. And I still live at home on the family farm so If I move out would great to just take the whole uni with me. We are looking to build a big shed with workshop etc for the vineyard with room for a small winery etc... but thats one of those projects that will take for ever... and cost alot of $$

Pok

Careful of the hoses you use to bring the water to the sink... make sure they're food grade to avoid rubbery tastes etc.

Hey Pok,

have a look at Zwickels gallery, he has a setup like the one you are after and by the look of his pics has a little place outside where he stores his gear, give him a pm and have a chat with him...

Daz

Hey Pok,

have a look at Zwickels gallery, he has a setup like the one you are after and by the look of his pics has a little place outside where he stores his gear, give him a pm and have a chat with him...

Daz

A nice setup but I want mine to be completely independent - minus a fermenting fridge and keg storage. This will allow me to keep pretty much everything together and clean... and mostly set up.

Pok

I think your best to just clean up your shed :beerbang:

I think your best to just clean up your shed :beerbang:

That would mean finishing the house.... there is a bundle of building materials etc in there... even a spa bath. Hmmm there is just too much stuff around here to do

Pok

Back