Breaking Bad

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Anyone watch Breaking Bad?

Awesome series about a science teacher who has lung cancer so starts cooking meth to leave some money for his family when he goes. Season 5 just started in the US.

In one episode the DEA agent is bottling his home brew. Later that night he hears gunshots so walks through his house with gun drawn. Opens the garage door and his HB is blowing caps off left right and centre.

Great show and will tie us over until Sons of Anarchy and The Walking Dead start again in October.

I have got to start watching this!! I hear so many good things about it.

I love Sons and Walking Dead as well...just read the 100th issue of The Walking Dead comic (nerd alert) and ZOMG awesome!

Watched the first few seasons of Breaking Bad and quite enjoyed it (didn't think that Hank's bottles exploded on the same night he bottled them though).
But didn't really get back into it for the most recent season.

I watched the first 2 or 3 seasons, but its all just so depressing.

Granted, its a great show, but I thoroughly enjoy sitting down to watch myself a comedy instead (and not just stupid american sitcoms with a laugh track - dont get me started on those)

Tried to get the mrs to watch it and she was the same. She could see that it was a good show, just everything that happens is so depressing...

Then we went back to watching snuff box - which, btw, is an incredible series. Just a shame there was only one season...

I was never a fan of snuff box. I love twisted dark UK comedy like Psychoville etc but snuff box didn't do it for me. I think that US comedian who's also in Mighty Boosh (forgotten his name) annoys me too much.

To keep it on topic - only seen season 1 of BB but enjoyed it. Need to hunt up the rest.

I was never a fan of snuff box. I love twisted dark UK comedy like Psychoville etc but snuff box didn't do it for me. I think that US comedian who's also in Mighty Boosh (forgotten his name) annoys me too much.

To keep it on topic - only seen season 1 of BB but enjoyed it. Need to hunt up the rest.

:icon_offtopic: I'll agree that its a little bit of a left field show, but anything with Matt Berry in it is going to be a good show... (within reason)

Rich Fulcher - american guy - he does get preeeetty annoying fairly quickly, but matt makes up for that.

I still havent seen psychoville yet, but have heard about it numerous times, so might have to look into that since myself and my partner have seen our tv collection far too many times over.

"Jessie... jessie..."
Great show, not sure how they'll fill out a final 16 episodes though!

SOA will be good , Walking Dead.... plus another series (or 2) of Dexter.

Since I'm not travelling overseas anymore I really struggle to find time to watch much at all.

Awesome show, watched through season 3, bit of a prick of a cliffhanger to leave it on.

Anyone know when season 4 finishes?

Awesome show, watched through season 3, bit of a prick of a cliffhanger to leave it on.

Anyone know when season 4 finishes?

Season 4 was 13 episodes but Im not sure where they are up to on TV ATM as I downloaded all 4 seasons and watched on my ATV. Season 5 started in the US Sunday night.

cant watch it. gives me an itch that i really shouldnt scratch.

i made an explosion from brake fluid and chlorine once does that count?

Must admit it seems like an easy way to make some money..Apart from all the killing and having to live with the risk that you may be killed or sent to prison to be someones bitch for 20 years. :D

(Am I allowed to post that?)

At high school some guys in the senior college made nitroglycerine and blew a crater in the playground by throwing rocks at it.

Easy to make, just tritrate glycerine with drops of concentrated Nitric Acid, but needs to be done in a very cold ice "nest" to obtain a frozen solid product.

They got detention.

The missus recorded "The View" and they had an interview with the actor who plays "Jessie Pinkman" He said him and a lot of the cast are addicted to the "blue meth".

Apparently its blue cotton candy syrup and they are always eating it.

Back