Brass Hose Fittings Sucking Air

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yorg

Reaction score
I have some brass garden hose fittings on my setup.
Noticed some bubbles of air being sucked in on the inlet side of my March pump - enough to un-prime it occassionally.
Anyone had this problem and solved it?

Check your seals - they may be missing or destroyed. At the end of the day, though, garden hose fittings aren't the best for the job.

I've have just that problem and I am jack of it.
Some keg lube on the o'rings and/or some new ones will help as will making sure the hose doesn't pull the connector to one side.
After having a play with some cam locks I am in love. A full set is on order from beerbelly!

I used to use those garden hose fittings and just found that some of them are dodgy, particularly if you mix and match brands.

I've have just that problem and I am jack of it.
Some keg lube on the o'rings and/or some new ones will help as will making sure the hose doesn't pull the connector to one side.
After having a play with some cam locks I am in love. A full set is on order from beerbelly!

So how hard are the camlocks to get on and off - particularly with one hand?

So how hard are the camlocks to get on and off - particularly with one hand?
I have only tried in the shop, not in anger but I reckon a one hander is possible. The brass fittings aren't always the easiest to work one handed.
The really positive seal and the long hosetail are the selling points to me.

Latest posts

Back