Brass garden hose fittings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use barbs without clamps, never had one blow. They are a bugger to pull off though, so I have been looking at camlocks/QDs.

antiphile said:
Out of interest, Eaglebeagle, is that under much pressure without a clamp? It'd just be my luck any pressure would blow the hose off the barb! :beerbang:
I've been using no clamps up until now, the only pressure is from my pump. They haven't spat off yet, but I think prevention will be better than cure.

Eagleburger said:
I just use silicon on barb with no clamp. I am probably just lucky.
[SIZE=11pt]Silicon on barb with no clamp is usually fine so long as it a good tight fit, for instance 12mm tube over 13 mm barb. That’s one of the beauties of silicon tube. I like and use quick connects though. [/SIZE]

Yep, I was hose clamping all my brass barbs until I realised that they weren't required! I only use a LBP though...

This however only applies to the expensive ones bought locally, cheap chinese off ebay do not have a good enough fit.

antiphile said:
Out of interest, Eaglebeagle, is that under much pressure without a clamp? It'd just be my luck any pressure would blow the hose off the barb! :beerbang:
Just from ya typical centrifugal pump. Now if it was a gear pump...

Latest posts

Back