Boutique Beer Festival Goers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) But majority are 30+ ... yes that is true.
2) Yes, good too see you worked that one out yourself.
3) I class as 'other'.
4) What's shopping and who wants to go there?
5) See above, Ebay and similar places will deliver mostly anything I need.
6) Brand is irrelevant, quality is not, often the two are not the same.
7) Whatever I feel like at the time.
8) Macs are evil .. so are cars .. and people ... and I think that's enough insight into how my mind works.

My $0.02 worth:

1) 46
2) Yep, 8 years in the AG saddle
3) IT "Professional"
4) Online for IT Kit. Myer for clothes. Bunnings for shed stuff. Dans and online for booze.
5) Booze
6) Quality booze.
7) Christ, where do I start? Nothing after about 1995.
8) I play the drums and think Apple is a rip off and want to retire in Tasmania.

7) Metal. Asking Alexandria are probably my flavour of the month.

LOL @ Emo "Metal". Just youtube'd The Final Episode. It that crabcore ?

This thread has the unique ability to go ANYWHERE for the purposes of the OP examining the psyche of his target audience.

I brew, I go to beer festivals, and I am an internet user who just dialled this music up as a soundtrack to my response.

Last edited by a moderator:
4) Where do you guys go to Shop (if the missus isn't doing it)? Myer? DJs? Kmart? Big W? Bunnings?

I just bought a perfectly fitting, seemingly brand new Australian made Fletcher Jones wool suit last weekend. For $25 at the local Vinnies.

nice score Ted. I watch the obituaries in the local rag. last week a guy up the street passed away, about my size & a very well dressed gent. I can't wait to see what turns up at Vinnies from this tragic event ;)

Jimbo

nice score Ted. I watch the obituaries in the local rag. last week a guy up the street passed away, about my size & a very well dressed gent. I can't wait to see what turns up at Vinnies from this tragic event ;)
Sorry but they don't send local donation stuff to the local shop, they ship it elsewhere.

Jimbo

Don't go laying on the sarcasm, I'm not getting some old dead guy's favourite suit that he wore for years. This suit is new. No signs of wear.... The collar crease is pristine, no stains under the armpits, hell even the outer pockets and one of the inner pockets havent had the stitching broken yet.

It's likely that in this instance that someone bought the suit, it didnt fit them so they just donated it, and I'm the snappy looking bugger who's walking around loking like Frank Lowy's PA every day that I go to work.

Kinda weird getup in the context though, that I'm a brickie's labourer. :lol:

@Shed101: Sorry, poor phrasing on my behalf. People fortunately got the gist of it despite the newbieness of it all. @MA Thesis. Sweet. Thanks btw.
@spaced: Many Thanks kind sir. Realised that a lot of the "Target Audience" is tech savvy, Linux or PC users. So that was interesting.
@Lord Raja Goomba: My due thanks.
@ Big Nath: Many Thanks, was cool to find a Musician!
@kiwisteveo: Thankyou muchly.
@mitchdudarko: Thankyou good sir.
@wolfy: It was a silent proud achievement I'm ashamed to say, the whole world of boutique beer festival was relatively new to me, but much appreciative of your input. Thankyou.
@pbrosnan: Thankyou sir. Lolled at quality booze.

Regardless a $25 Fletcher Jones suit is a steal.
For the sake of sounding *Less* stalkerish, I think I'll put up some details.

1. I'm 24
2. Just entered the world of Boutique Beer Festivals and it's looking really interesting and I don't mean it in a suck up in a forum way. I'm sincerely interested.
3. I'm a design student. Previously an auditor and decided to make the career change.
4. I shop at Myer, simply cos its near me.
5. Games, lots of art supplies lately.
6. Quality, but lately been a bit more cheapo due to student status.
7. good music
8. Don't drive pc user.

Less stalkerish? yes. Please don't use my answers as a guide, it was done atrociously.

1) You're probably in your late 20s, but majority are 30+: 33
2) Some of you are Amateur Home Brewers (probably all of you given the type of forum): Yes
3) You range from "Professionals" to "Tradies": Government

Some things we're not to sure of are:
4) Where do you guys go to Shop (if the missus isn't doing it)? Myer? DJs? Kmart? Big W? Bunnings?: Kmart, Big W, Best and Less, JB HiFi, Myer, Bunnings, Absolute Homebrew, wander around Westfield, Church St Mall Parramatta, Stockland Merrylands, Rebel, Blue and Gold Army HQ, Local bottle shop.
5) What products do you usually get- i.e. Blackberrys, Iphones, Sports Gear?: How often do people buy phones for Blackberrys/Iphones to be a usual buy? I usually buy clothes, dvds, cds, baby toys, homebrew supplies, Craft beer.
6) Brand Values? we're guessing you guys go for quality stuff.: Quality stuff, not necessarily high priced stuff.
7) what music do you listen to? Pretty bland rock and pop. More often than not, I listen to brewing or beer related podcasts.
8) anything else that could give more of an idea about you? The car you drive? are you macs or pcs?: Hyundai Elantra, PC, Android.

Where are you from? Where do you like to drink?

In Ted's defence the suit is in perfect condition, as you can see from the photo I took of him this morning:

80s_suit_costume_06100.jpg

Strictly speaking a suit should really have matching jacket and trousers, but I think we should allow some creative style points given he got such a great deal.

Sometimes I forget just how dapper I am, until I see a random photo of myself

Lock up your daughters, Teddy Tweed's in town

Latest posts

Back