Bottling Saison

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thefatdoghead

Reaction score
I will be bottling a batch of saison this arvo and was wondering if using a half pack of coopers yeast when bulk priming will impart any unwanted flavours? The recipe say's to use Champaign yeast and also to cork and cage which makes me think this style should be carbed higher as well? Just thought id'e ask on here to see what peoples experiences are?
Cheers

EDIT:Just read in brewing classic styles that the carbonation should be 3-3.5 vol/co2 so now im wondering if my fliptop 750ml bottles are going to be any good? Maybe I should just keg it.

I preferred more pale ale standard carbonation on mine. Even a bit lower.
But then again, what I brewed was more of a golden saison with a bit of crystal malts in there.

Beer Flip tops should handle that 3.5ish carb though.

Depends on whether you're brewing to style (whatever that actually means especially in regards to a beer that has such wide variance) or brewing for your palate. I carb my saisons where I like them (which is never anywhere near 3.5).

Depending on how long it's lagered/conditioned, I wouldn't see any need to add yeast at all but I'd be inclided to use a more neutral yeast than coopers if you think it's necessary.

Depends on whether you're brewing to style (whatever that actually means especially in regards to a beer that has such wide variance) or brewing for your palate. I carb my saisons where I like them (which is never anywhere near 3.5).

Depending on how long it's lagered/conditioned, I wouldn't see any need to add yeast at all but I'd be inclided to use a more neutral yeast than coopers if you think it's necessary.
It's been in the primary for about 9 weeks so thats why I thought id need fresh yeast. I got some Champaign yeas from the LHBS so i'll add half a pack maybe less and carb it to about 3.2 just to see what it's like and how it differs from the other batch carbed to 2.5 vol/co2. Thanks for the input guys

It's been in the primary for about 9 weeks so thats why I thought id need fresh yeast. I got some Champaign yeas from the LHBS so i'll add half a pack maybe less and carb it to about 3.2 just to see what it's like and how it differs from the other batch carbed to 2.5 vol/co2. Thanks for the input guys

If it's the belgian yeast, the stuff is insane and will come to life at the drop of a hat. I've done 6 batches from one smackpack and every starter just sorta explodes and says COME ON! SUGAR ME UP BITCHES.

I reckon the higher the alc, the higher the co2 as a general rule.

Back